O M G !! Republican MARC RUBIO is "PRO - UNION " !!

every person I talk to about why Texas is so great they don't mention the climate as much as they do the people. They say the people make it a friendly welcoming place to live. I have family there and agree but I prefer the Northwest for the outdoors and beauty and I have learned to tolerate the liberal government.
I would agree if it were 1975 or 1980. The people, even in the larger cities, were great. But from about 1985 on, the people (in the cities, where I assume these Californians are flocking to) got a bit colder. A bit ruder. I'm not sure about the rural areas. They were also great back then, but we didn't have the internet and not a lot of people talked politics back then. The internet was supposed to bring us together...but the rise of social media...and even better ANONYMOUS social media...seems to have driven a wedge between people everywhere.

Watch the housing. You might be surprised. Especially with these low interest rates.

The Gulf of Mexico is great, but unless you want to swim in the Houston ship channel, it's a 4 hour drive to the beach...and Houston is the closest to the Gulf. And a plane ride to the mountains. Lifestyle matters.

What will happen is this - those formerly overtaxed leftist cesspool dwellers are going to want things to be like they were in California. As more and more move in - demographics change. And a LOT of the imports voted blue in California - despite the overtaxed leftist cesspool. That translates into what is how demographics change.
Just like a virus.

Destroy the host then move on to destroy another.

Just read on A MAJOR US MAGAZINE PUBLICATION, OKIE-HOME, 34th WORST public school system, MASSACHUSETTS, # 1 , NH # 4, VT #5 ??????????
And yet, you have a gray matter deficit.........
biggrin.gif

Let's see how many people choose country life over cosmopolitan life now that just about every major urban employer has been WFH for the past year. That genie ain't going back in the bottle.

My company finally admitted that remote work is here to stay. If I only need to be in the office maybe one or two days a month, staying in a hotel is a lot less than the increased taxes from living in the city...

Living on a couple acres near Kerrville TX looks a lot more appealing than in a subdivision or condo in an overpriced blue county.

Let's see how many people choose country life over cosmopolitan life now that just about every major urban employer has been WFH for the past year. That genie ain't going back in the bottle.

My company finally admitted that remote work is here to stay. If I only need to be in the office maybe one or two days a month, staying in a hotel is a lot less than the increased taxes from living in the city...

Living on a couple acres near Kerrville TX looks a lot more appealing than in a subdivision or condo in an overpriced blue county.
And that's great if your idea of a fun Saturday night is going to the Kerrville Grange.

Just read on A MAJOR US MAGAZINE PUBLICATION, OKIE-HOME, 34th WORST public school system, MASSACHUSETTS, # 1 , NH # 4, VT #5 ??????????
I had a decent ACT score and placed in the 96th percentile in placement tests. My friend Phillip had a perfect ACT score. I can't speak to other schools in Oklahoma but my high school performed just fine. Many in my graduating class became business owners or high earning professionals. My cousin is married to a double PHD (Pharmacology and Veterinary medicine).

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/tulsacountyoklahoma/PST040219
According to the government 31.8% of those 25 and older in Tulsa have a 4 year degree. So basically 1 in 3 people. The average for the United States is 32.1% so we are barely below the average.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/tulsacountyoklahoma/PST040219
Statewide 25.5% of those 25 and older have a 4 year degree. So 1 in 4 people.

Our education system here is not quite as dismal as you would like to believe.

Right on Q, olesen.

ONLY YOU, would admit to 'Living' in TEX - ASSS !!

You mean the state all the smart people from California are leaving for?
Those smart liberals? It's getting more purple every day. Those smart people in CA that are flocking to Texas will likely still hold their same views on immigration...guns...gay marriage and other "blue" things. And Texas is already tinged a bit purple. Let them come. But you know how you all like to say that nothing is free? Well...Texas doesn't have an income tax. But they do have some of the highest property taxes in the county. And you have to factor in the increased electricity usage. It could well turn out that what they save in income tax is taken away with just those two things alone. Because Texas doesn't provide services for free...