Obama Bans Common Folk From D-Day Ceremonies

Freedom4all

Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
The 65th Anniversary of D-Day is fast approaching. Barack Obama will attend the events on June 6th as George Bush did in 2004 for the sixtieth memorial service. Here is the rub, as of now Obama’s State Department has asked (read demanded) the French government not allow tour guide services to operate that day.

It is a big day for Normandy tourism. Yet, the messiah will not allow those not connected with government to enjoy the day. Obama is very important you know. This is an unprecedented request. I hope the French come to their senses and deny it.

Compare that with 2004. Security was tight as President Bush and other world leaders were in attendance, but the event was still open to all.

Contrast that with Team Obama not even allowing regular people near Colleville-Sur-Mer that day. A shame indeed. Especially as the last of our WW II vets are expiring.

:down:

I agree with you. It's a shame that a head of state cannot attend a memorial event with out risk of assignation. I am sure the US Secret Service is having a hard time of it.

I am doubting this story is even true but given security these days, I would not be surprised.

I agree with you. It's a shame that a head of state cannot attend a memorial event with out risk of assignation. I am sure the US Secret Service is having a hard time of it.

I am doubting this story is even true but given security these days, I would not be surprised.

Ok, well then the obvious question is if the entire world is enamored with the messiah, like we are lead to believe, why would he be worried about any assassination attempts? Obviously bush wasn't in 2004!

bob you said he asked the tour guide service be suspended for the day ... that doesn't sound like it's a ban on visiting the graves or celebrating the scrafvice of our men and women ....

Personally i think the resquest is respectfull ... when i think of tour guides i think people taking pictures and eatting a hot dog as they walk ....

i mean they are having the remeberance at a grave sight are they not ? i can't speak for you bob or the others , but if ii was attending a cemorony for a dead relative i wouldn't want some guy on a megaphone walking by and a group of japanse tourists taking pictures ...

I say ban ALL Politicians and allow only us common folk, who really represent our countries! :blink:

Where it really means something for the "Common Folk", it's nothing more than a photo-op for political scum !

Personally i think the resquest is respectfull ... when i think of tour guides i think people taking pictures and eatting a hot dog as they walk ....

Have you actually been on tours of the memorials and cemetaries?...

Maybe if it was a tour in America, but it's a little different on the other side of the pond, thanks.

bob you said he asked the tour guide service be suspended for the day ... that doesn't sound like it's a ban on visiting the graves or celebrating the scrafvice of our men and women ....

i mean they are having the remeberance at a grave sight are they not ? i can't speak for you bob or the others , but if ii was attending a cemorony for a dead relative i wouldn't want some guy on a megaphone walking by and a group of japanse tourists taking pictures ...

What a highly disrespectful, ignorant and racist statement. You have some warped and unwarrantable predisposition on the intentions of people visiting the memorial. You obviously never been there. :down:

I seriously doubt the original posting is actually true.

Barack Obama deciding to come to Normandy at the last minute, after his return from Egypt, has forced public tour companies to cancel their bookings for June 6th without warning. It was blamed on the US State Department when in fact it was the French government itself that made this decision. While it is unprecedented for the late notice, this would have most likely been the protocol in any case.

Latest posts

Back