Oh No, Mr. Trump

Your case of chicken wings is still double the memes 12 months ago price. and what about the fryer oil and take out boxes? You said you found 200 take out boxes for $30. What type were they? Don't bother answering because the meme doesn't specify any details so neither of us can prove or debunk it. Its just a meme.

meme​

[ meem ]
See synonyms for meme on Thesaurus.com
noun
  • a cultural item in the form of an image, video, phrase, etc., that is spread via the internet and often altered in a creative or humorous way.
Here's a site that can help www.google.com. put in something like "what is the price of a restaurant carry out box". And the meme must have come out in 2021
Your case of chicken wings is still double the memes 12 months ago price. and what about the fryer oil and take out boxes? You said you found 200 take out boxes for $30. What type were they? Don't bother answering because the meme doesn't specify any details so neither of us can prove or debunk it. Its just a meme.

meme​

[ meem ]
See synonyms for meme on Thesaurus.com
noun
  • a cultural item in the form of an image, video, phrase, etc., that is spread via the internet and often altered in a creative or humorous way.
Here is the problem with a meme...for this to be REMOTELY close to "accurate", it would have to have been done in 2021, So it's over 2 years old. But posted recently so it must be happening right now.

Here's a site that can help www.google.com. put in something like "what is the price of a restaurant carry out box". And the meme must have come out in 2021

Here is the problem with a meme...for this to be REMOTELY close to "accurate", it would have to have been done in 2021, So it's over 2 years old. But posted recently so it must be happening right now.
Maybe you can use www.google.com to look up the definition of "dont bother answering" because you apparently didn't understand that. Or anything else in my last post for that matter.
It's a meme.
Get a grip.
Over and out.

It's a meme.
Get a grip.
Over and out.
Yep...the sign of an "informed person". A meme from 2021 posted SPREAD in 2023 and I wonder how many will believe it.

Yep...it's funny. It's also false. But it got your attention and it will get your (and others) votes. Heck...Trump his telling his crowds that gas is $7 a gallon and his supporters can be standing by a gas pump, filling their tank and the price on the pump is under $3....but these people believe they are paying $7

That's the problem with the internet and the "free speech" that the new Twitter owner is trying to protect...the right to post and pass on utter BS...and millions of people believe it because fact checking is "censorship". The purpose of that meme was to generate outrage among Biden haters. take the chicken. YOu (since you reposted it) are all upset , but if you look at the wholesale prices I linked to, the price of chicken is LOWER than it was in the Trump years. But that takes effort. A meme is so quick...so eye catching...so funny . and so wrong.

I'm all for humor in political messaging. I would just prefer it would be accurate. But here is a meme full of bull and it caught your eye. And you posted it. And you spread misinformation. And you (and others) will vote, in part based on this "information". But here in Trumpland 2024, the facts are considered "fake news".

Yep...the sign of an "informed person". A meme from 2021 posted SPREAD in 2023 and I wonder how many will believe it.
Ok I was going to let this rest but fine. I didn't know it was from 2021 but it does resonate today if you look at its message about inflation. Its not about chicken prices but more on that later.
Yep...it's funny. It's also false. But it got your attention and it will get your (and others) votes. Heck...Trump his telling his crowds that gas is $7 a gallon and his supporters can be standing by a gas pump, filling their tank and the price on the pump is under $3....but these people believe they are paying $7
You always manage to work Trump into it. He will forever live in your head rent free apparently. Gas is under $3 a gallon? Not for quite some time.
The purpose of that meme was to generate outrage among Biden haters. take the chicken. YOu (since you reposted it) are all upset , but if you look at the wholesale prices I linked to, the price of chicken is LOWER than it was in the Trump years. But that takes effort. A meme is so quick...so eye catching...so funny . and so wrong.
As usual you fixate on something and harp on it ad nauseum. Like I said the prices on the meme cant be proved or disproved. Too many details are missing. The wholesale prices do not reflect things like varying degrees of quality. Did the guy buy the cheapest crap he could find or did he buy a premium product? A premium product is going to cost more than an inferior one. See how that works? Details. But enough about chicken prices. Who cares? Its irrelevant.
I'm all for humor in political messaging. I would just prefer it would be accurate. But here is a meme full of bull and it caught your eye. And you posted it. And you spread misinformation.
Misinformation? I didn't post a meme about chicken prices. I posted a meme about inflation. I don't think that meme angers you because it may be inaccurate in its details as much as it does anger you because its accurate in its message. Inflation has been terrible in the last 3 years. Working Americans are struggling. Most people are not better off now than they were 3 years ago. False? Wrong? Bull? Misinformation? I don't think so.
And you (and others) will vote, in part based on this "information". But here in Trumpland 2024, the facts are considered "fake news".
I don't think anyone needs a meme to know who to vote against.

61XmH4g1FaL._AC_SL1500_-589814165.jpg

Ok I was going to let this rest but fine. I didn't know it was from 2021 but it does resonate today if you look at its message about inflation. Its not about chicken prices but more on that later.

You always manage to work Trump into it. He will forever live in your head rent free apparently. Gas is under $3 a gallon? Not for quite some time.

As usual you fixate on something and harp on it ad nauseum. Like I said the prices on the meme cant be proved or disproved. Too many details are missing. The wholesale prices do not reflect things like varying degrees of quality. Did the guy buy the cheapest crap he could find or did he buy a premium product? A premium product is going to cost more than an inferior one. See how that works? Details. But enough about chicken prices. Who cares? Its irrelevant.

Misinformation? I didn't post a meme about chicken prices. I posted a meme about inflation. I don't think that meme angers you because it may be inaccurate in its details as much as it does anger you because its accurate in its message. Inflation has been terrible in the last 3 years. Working Americans are struggling. Most people are not better off now than they were 3 years ago. False? Wrong? Bull? Misinformation? I don't think so.

I don't think anyone needs a meme to know who to vote against.

View attachment 17507

What's the price of gas in your area? It's $2.74 here. That's pretty much the price we paid under God...er...Trump. Then there is two years of bird flu...Biden's fault I thought, but a little work shows that for over a year, wholesale chicken prices are lower than they were under Trump. I gave you what I found for carry out boxes. I didn't look up fryer oil because he doesn't say what kind. But I'm willing to bet that it's not what this meme says. Also...remember that supply chain thing where it was Biden's fault for all those ships backed up in ports...slowing delivery, which resulted in a short term shortage in supply? Do you know what happens when demand exceeds supply. This meme might have been right in 2021 but it isn't today. But it gets passed on because you didn't know it was from 2021, you thought it was current. And now you claim it's not about chickens (even though it was) but about inflation. So the meme says inflation is killing the chicken restaurant business, but the reality (who needs reality) is that chicken costs less today....DESPITE inflation.

Also, at a rally in Iowa, Trump was claiming gas was $7 per gallon. Do you believe him? Especially because he took credit for it being $1.85 when he was in office. In the middle of a national shutdown where people weren't driving to church, vacations, work, movies, sporting events, weddings, funerals. and God knows what else. Demand for gas was way down. Do you know what happens to prices when supply exceeds demand?

In today's world, you are going to get a constant stream of BS from BOTH sides. And it takes far more work that passing on a meme from two years ago to find out the facts. The internet has made us the dumbest society in history. Because while information is right at our fingertips, we rely on meme's for our information

And FWIW - I looked at my banking software. I spent $400 more for groceries in 2022 than I did in 2020, but I spent $100 less on groceries in 2023

Last edited:
When the Trump administration introduced and got passed the TCJA lowering Corporate taxes many companies were able to invest in their employees raising their wages also passing on some of the tax burden to them as well. My Company did just that over time comfortably raising my pay. I was also blessed with being able to take that extra pay and shift it over to my 401K. Investing it back into American companies and building over time a larger retirement nest egg. All going in pre tax as I’m assuming when I cash out with collecting SS having a lower tax bracket to start paying the money back to Uncle Sam.

Thankfully the Biden Administration barely talks about the TCJA since they know it is a success and popular. Notice I mentioned both the Trump and Biden “Administrations” since the administrations are really the ones who set policies and not the figureheads.

I’m sure whoever is in office in 2025 will either extend the TCJA or make (hopefully) wise adjustments to it. That may also wind up being the moment that they adjust for the coming Social Security issue?

Will the Teamsters wind up stabbing Biden in the back after he showed so much support for their contract negotiations against UPS?

IMG_9711.jpeg

In today's world, you are going to get a constant stream of BS from BOTH sides. And it takes far more work that passing on a meme from two years ago to find out the facts. The internet has made us the dumbest society in history. Because while information is right at our fingertips, we rely on meme's for our information

And FWIW - I looked at my banking software. I spent $400 more for groceries in 2022 than I did in 2020, but I spent $100 less on groceries in 2023

If I shopped at my big chain Corporate grocery store Publix I was getting killed by inflation on just about everything. I don’t believe that was simple inflation when I started being more choosy about where I shopped. I only go into Publix now for a small number of products I like that I can only get there and when I run out of something. I get my basic staples at Aldi now.

Inflation is normal. Especially when both Presidents Administrations went nuts on printing money to counteract Covid lockdowns letting people stay away from each other until they could get a handle on it.

Is a lot of inflation easing now, yes. Not Housing though. That’s still insane. Trumps fault? No. Biden’s fault? No. Supply and demand. Not enough Housing being built. Other people buying up what’s available to rent it out greedily. Laws restricting that would help.

Dumbest Society in History? Oh yes absolutely. Intellectually lazy.

What's the price of gas in your area? It's $2.74 here.
that's not what Ycharts (the site you used for chicken prices) says. Could it be that prices vary? Hmmm. A gallon of regular costs around $3.15 here.
That's pretty much the price we paid under God...er...Trump.
Get help.
I didn't look up fryer oil because he doesn't say what kind.
It didn't say what kind of wings or take out boxes either but that didn't stop you.
But I'm willing to bet that it's not what this meme says.
I believe you would but that doesn't make it so.
And now you claim it's not about chickens (even though it was)
No it wasn't.
but about inflation.
Yes it is.
So the meme says inflation is killing the chicken restaurant business
no not really.
but the reality (who needs reality)
Not you apparently.
So you bought less groceries in 2023?

If I shopped at my big chain Corporate grocery store Publix I was getting killed by inflation on just about everything. I don’t believe that was simple inflation when I started being more choosy about where I shopped. I only go into Publix now for a small number of products I like that I can only get there and when I run out of something. I get my basic staples at Aldi now.

Inflation is normal. Especially when both Presidents Administrations went nuts on printing money to counteract Covid lockdowns letting people stay away from each other until they could get a handle on it.

Is a lot of inflation easing now, yes. Not Housing though. That’s still insane. Trumps fault? No. Biden’s fault? No. Supply and demand. Not enough Housing being built. Other people buying up what’s available to rent it out greedily. Laws restricting that would help.

Dumbest Society in History? Oh yes absolutely. Intellectually lazy.
For housing...it's less supply and demand than it is artificially low interest rates from 2009 until 2022. IT hurt int a couple of ways...drove up demand for houses, which caused the prices to shoot up.. While that's not Trumps fault, he kind of went against one of his bashing points against Hillary:

He was actually spot on. And he replaced the very Political Janet Yellen to allow the fed to "do it's job". But when they tried....his beloved stock market took a hit and he basically intimidated the fed to keep doing those very political things. Interest rates should have been raised around 2012. They never got them back to where they should have been.

that's not what Ycharts (the site you used for chicken prices) says. Could it be that prices vary? Hmmm. A gallon of regular costs around $3.15 here.

Get help.

It didn't say what kind of wings or take out boxes either but that didn't stop you.

I believe you would but that doesn't make it so.

No it wasn't.

Yes it is.

no not really.

Not you apparently.

So you bought less groceries in 2023?
Nope...I bought the same amount. But I looked for bargains. If I wanted bacon, I bought whichever one was on sale since I'm not tied to any specific brand. If Jimmy Dean was cheaper than Farmland, I bought Jimmy Dean.

I'm sorry gas costs so much in New York, but that is sitll $4 less that what Trump was telling folks in Iowa (where it's closer to $2.75)

Prices do indeed vary. Here is the monthly numbers from 2019 to 2023. If you take the price the meme says he paid and divide it by the price per pound, he would be talking about a 60 pound case at the peak in 2021 or 107 pound case in 2023. Misleading. Accepted. Posted. Shared.

Back