OK AMT's Hit me with the new rumors...

I understand your not wanting a union especially the iam. But just remember that unions need to be out there whether you want them in your life or not. Most if not all companies would be paying third world wages if they could get away with it. I am living proof that employers will take a bad situation like the economy and squeeze what they can out of a worker. I work Maint Control at FedEx and took a 5 percent cut (permanent) as well as no merit raise this yr and no 401k match this yr and no bonus as did all salary employees did. While the hourly AMT's only took a hit on the 401K match. Why is that you say? Because FedEx is scared that the AMT's will vote in a union (teamsters) and any thing they take away from the hourly mechanics will only fuel that effect so basically they leave them alone. I was dead set against being in another union but now that I see how this company is unfairly targeting salaried for cuts I am now considering signing a union card since if the mechanics vote in a union, Maint Control will be included. ..Maybe this is what it will take for parity. Even though I am not happy about it. Here is an article for you to chew on to maybe help support my arguement/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30154965/

line,
The supervisory/administrative merit employees @ DL have experienced this since July 2001. One never understands until they have "put on them merit shoes". Better to be an hourly frontline published pay scale employee.

I know exactly how ya feel!

Latest posts

Back