Only One Airline Is Likely To Survive

usair_ ends_ with_ me said:
time to teach daddy bronner a big fat lesson then.
how much more are we going to take from these 'robber barrons'???
i say lets burn down this popsicle stand right now! :up:
We know in real life you will probably be saying YES YES YES where do I sign.

We also know you are incognito anther poster who is afraid to express your true feelings. This is not healthy you know, let it all hand out and say what you REALLY feel with your REAL screen name revealed, you will feel much better.

Doctor Cavalier signing off….

I think Independence Air will hurt UA more than US. Everyone is quick to think of the "DC-metro area" as one place when the reality is that for the business traveller, they are generally headed to the same airport each time they hit the road. Yes, there is overlap so the guy in Bethesda can choose BWI, DCA or IAD but for a LOT of the DC area, you really do have a "home" airport. I almost always fly out of DCA. Even when there is a $40-80 lower fare at BWI because BWI is such a hassle for me to get to when I hit the road. I'll do IAD every once and a while and on occassion, BWI (generally a leisure trip when I can go over on a Saturday morning).

All that being said, UA's exposure is greater at IAD than US's. If US offers similar fares from the DC-area to those destinations served by IndyAir, there will be no incentive for those area residents who can get to DCA or BWI to even set foot on an IndyAir RJ.....

Even before Atlantic Coast became a United Express carrier they were doing fairly well as a independant. Then, their mission was to simply fly O&D passengers in and out of the Northern Virginia region. Even with 30 passengers on a 50-seat RJ operating in a pure O&D IAD market pair the cost per ticket to the passegner would be considerably less than the ticket cost of a 124-seat mainline jet with only 30 passengers. They don't necessarily need huge numbers of passengers. Also, Dulles is not slot controlled like DCA.

BRONNER is going to force undoable concessions so BK is easy for him....our fault too....sell off the assets and its a goner......
i see no future here.....but i must agree on full pay until the last day.
then i guess i'll look for work... :lol:

It's going to be interesting to watch the legacy carriers in the fight for their life against this new entrant. I hope Independence does well - It will bring about a much needed shake-out in the industry.

GO WN'rs!!!!