Our Dave At It Again

Good for the employees. I applaud their action.

I hope in the future that more of Labor who experience a Dave-Siegel-union-bust plan, the Company gets shut down.

Make those BOD members and Execs eat dirt!

Hope TPG, Bronnerman learns a damn good lesson for hiring his best friend to run a company...ah.. to the ground.

you have to give the Brits credit. American labor unions have talked a blue streak about what they would do to protect their interests but these Brits just up and did what had to be done; this is news around the world. I'm not saying labor was right since they do seem to be out of touch with reality but they do have to be commended for acting and not just talking. If you believe in something, then prove it. Otherwise, just accept the consequences and move on.

WorldTraveler said:
you have to give the Brits credit. American labor unions have talked a blue streak about what they would do to protect their interests but these Brits just up and did what had to be done; this is news around the world. I'm not saying labor was right since they do seem to be out of touch with reality but they do have to be commended for acting and not just talking. If you believe in something, then prove it. Otherwise, just accept the consequences and move on.
[post="287660"][/post]​

It's not fair to compare the U.S and U.K labor unions. Do you honestly think unions can strike with DUBYA in office? Whatever labor action anyone takes he's going to step in and order everyone back to work.

EyeInTheSky said:
It's not fair to compare the U.S and U.K labor unions. Do you honestly think unions can strike with DUBYA in office? Whatever labor action anyone takes he's going to step in and order everyone back to work.
[post="287716"][/post]​
then we need to grow balls and do jail time. B)

PITbull said:
Good for the employees. I applaud their action.
I hope in the future that more of Labor who experience a Dave-Siegel-union-bust plan, the Company gets shut down.

Make those BOD members and Execs eat dirt!

Hope TPG, Bronnerman learns a damn good lesson for hiring his best friend to run a company...ah.. to the ground.
[post="287646"][/post]​

Minor point. TPS is run by David Bonderman.

Dave doing another great JOB ........

BA baggage handlers and loaders represented by the same union _ the Transport and General Workers Union _ stopped work in sympathy with the fired catering staff.

Gate Gourmet Chief Executive Dave Siegel said the firm was "actively engaged in trying to find a solution."

EyeInTheSky said:
[post="287716"][/post]​

Yes if all employees walked like they do in europe he could not do much.

Oil needs to be regulated in the airline industry to make it a more even playing field. LUV is hedged at 26 dollars a barrel

It is interesting that the BA employees walked out as a supportive action to the Gate Gourmet issue. That's a complete breach of contract and will probably do more harm than good. I suppose legal action is also in the works.

Even sadder is that BA grounding all flights out of Heathrow will send passengers away from BA, which looks bad overall for the airline for something that wasn't necessarily its fault(aside from the employees who walked out). Even a union PR agent said they never organized it, and that it was unlawful.

What I've gathered is that GG management has been negotiating with their union for some time now (something like 30 formal meetings). They claim to have offered them "above industry" pay and have been stymied on "work rule" changes. Those specific changes, however, weren't specified in the article.

Latest posts