Senior
Feb 12, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
From Yahoo News...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081022/ap_on_...el_palin_dobson

Palin says election result rests in God's hands
By ERIC GORSKI, AP Religion Writer

DENVER – Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin describes herself as a "hard-core pro-lifer" and expresses confidence that in spite of disheartening polls, "putting this in God's hands, that the right thing for America will be done at the end of the day on Nov. 4."

MODERATOR NOTE: When citing an article, please post only the link to it, and/or a small portion of the content. Posting the full text can violate copyright laws. Thank you.

From Yahoo News...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081022/ap_on_...el_palin_dobson

MODERATOR NOTE: When citing an article, please post only the link to it, and/or a small portion of the content. Posting the full text can violate copyright laws. Thank you.

If Obama wins, whatever will you republicans do?? If god will do the "right thing for America", and Obama wins, then obviously god believes Obama is the right thing for America.

If Obama wins, whatever will you republicans do?? If god will do the "right thing for America", and Obama wins, then obviously god believes Obama is the right thing for America.

Errr, that be no!
GOD gave man and woman free will.
But you must already know the story of Sodom and Gomorrah?
B) xUT

Errr, that be no!
B) xUT
Well, I'm not the one claiming the election is in god's hands . .Palin is. Of course she probably only means that if McCain wins.

If McCain wins: it was in god's hands
If Obama wins: it was "free will of all those highly immoral people"

Well, I'm not the one claiming the election is in god's hands . .Palin is. Of course she probably only means that if McCain wins.

If McCain wins: it was in god's hands
If Obama wins: it was "free will of all those highly immoral people"

But Paulin did not make this statement:
If Obama wins, whatever will you republicans do?? If god will do the "right thing for America", and Obama wins, then obviously god believes Obama is the right thing for America

So, what is your point? :ph34r:

B) xUT

The point is that if Palin believes the election is in god's hands, then what will she say if Obama wins? Will she then say that the election was NOT in god's hands, or will she say that obviously god thinks that obama is what's "right for America".

The point is that if Palin believes the election is in god's hands, then what will she say if Obama wins? Will she then say that the election was NOT in god's hands, or will she say that obviously god thinks that obama is what's "right for America".

I have no idea what Paulin will say, but apparently you think you do.
I believe that she already stated that it is in GOD’s hands.
But you are looking for some affirmation that if Obama wins, that it is GOD’s choice, but you do not consider the ‘free will’ of man.

Funny, I was reading Ephesians 4 this morning and the last few verses (29-32) came to mind:

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Take Care,
B) xUT

Errr, that be no!
B) xUT

I see..only the nutjob religious fanatics "burn the infidels" (and these American extremeists have the nerve to talk abou terrorists) have "God" on their side.

Their GOD hates people not like "them"...and yes S/G was just that ...a story. Kinda like the real story of early Americans (fanatics) burning people in the name of the Lord.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...pfriend-or-pfoe

Aside from my cringing at the blatant pandering tokenism, the more I saw and heard from her, the more she came across to me as a crackpot. This cements it. I don't mind "people of faith" as such holding office ( provided "faith" is kept within one's spirit of being, and with family, and on sundays and such...as I do ) but to govern by making decisions based on theology is like having a mad dog at a picnic. Why should faith be such a litmus test anyway? It's not like they have a lock on character. Right here in the thick of the bible belt, I've lost count on how many times on the road I've been on the receiving end of flat out rudeness and inconsideration by cars sporting all manner of fish and "wwjd" badges and such, and witnessed several very back-stabbing personal acts amongst those consumed by the plague of situational ethics.

Sorry, but I don't want ANY domestic/foreign policy made on the basis of whether or not it's "God's will". As one other poster opined ( apologies for forgetting ) "If you want to live in a theocracy, move to Iran"

Of course this will make no impression on the meatheads who comprise of the "I'm voting for her because she's hot" crowd.

so riddle me this
How do the "meatheads" who will vote for her"because she is hot" differ from the millions who will vote for Obama because he is black?

Face it folks faith is here to stay.

Obama and many others put their faith in Government as a solution to the worlds ills.

McCain and Republicans put their faith in a specific God. In this case the Christian Version

I have often pondered how a "True Christian" could ever be a Republican given their attitude and approach towards the working poor and folks in need.

I have often pondered how a "True Christian" could ever be a Democrat given that party's penchant for confiscating wages and redistribution of wealth.

It was only when I was in a mandatory Theology class and we were studying the Augustinian Theodicy upon which the entire biblical concept of free will is explained. So in examining that Free Will concept I found that the ONLY party that advocates the exercise of your free will with minimal interference from Government.

Libertarians are Pro-Choice on everything. We believe that the rights of the individual supercede the rights of institutions, a concept that can best be supported by the Augustinian Theodicy, The Old Testament and New Testament.

I don't know if the election is in God's Hands or not? If Sarah Palin feels it is then I'm OK with that. Personally I think, judging from the major candidates God is sitting this one out!!!!

Bob,

Spot on! :up: :up: :up:

From an Independant... :up:

B) xUT

so riddle me this
How do the "meatheads" who will vote for her"because she is hot" differ from the millions who will vote for Obama because he is black?

Not much, if at all. The latter voting on an overly optimistic view he'll be more of a populist ( a point I doubt if he gets in office...he'll be in essence just a smooth talking lobbyist controlled plutocrat when it's all said and done...with the worst of the nanny-state restrictions on freedom ). The former, are just meatheads voting with their "little head", and maybe some yellow-dog Republicanism thrown in to lend an air of gravity to their choice.

I've been GOP since '88. I didn't vote for either of the two. ( I voted early ) I voted for Barr/Root. I haven't left them: They left me.

Nice try at a strawman argument though BTW..........

so riddle me this

Garfield...simple, in the same vein the millions will vote for McCain because he's "White", and in the same vein that NO ONE has ever declared that Whites only voted for past Presidents because they were of a certain complexion.

There will most certainly be some racists Blacks/Whites who only vote for Obama (Whites for McCain) because of his complexion, and many more because they simply agree with his/ or McCain's platform.

The sword slices both ways.

Voting because of color is ignorant, vile, and simply the worst use of the precious vote we are entitled to...do not forget, it has been going on since the inception of this country/and BEFORE, there was ever a candidate like Obama.