Pay Increase?

kirkpatrick

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Long Island, NY
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

American Airlines parent AMR Corp. (AMR) said Friday it approved a 1.5% salary increase for officers and American Airlines employees, and disclosed that Chief Executive Gerard J. Arpey got a $5.6 million compensation package for 2006.

The salary increase is effective for all American employees on the company's U.S. payroll and for executives as of May 1, according to the company's quarterly report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Does anyone know if this is something new in addition to the 1.5% scheduled to happen on May 1, or did the press just pick up on the raise that was supposed to occur anyway?

MK

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

American Airlines parent AMR Corp. (AMR) said Friday it approved a 1.5% salary increase for officers and American Airlines employees, and disclosed that Chief Executive Gerard J. Arpey got a $5.6 million compensation package for 2006.

The salary increase is effective for all American employees on the company's U.S. payroll and for executives as of May 1, according to the company's quarterly report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Does anyone know if this is something new in addition to the 1.5% scheduled to happen on May 1, or did the press just pick up on the raise that was supposed to occur anyway?

MK

This is typical spin the company gives the media. No new raises for labor! Only the empty suits get rewarded.

<_< ----- Don't spend it all in one place! ;)

It's the spin. Most employees have been receiving the 1.5% increase since 2003. The only difference is the TWU fought like hell to give up 40 years of bargaining gains in exchange for the same 1.5% that everyone else got.

WAY TO GO TEAM TWU!

It's the spin. Most employees have been receiving the 1.5% increase since 2003. The only difference is the TWU fought like hell to give up 40 years of bargaining gains in exchange for the same 1.5% that everyone else got.

WAY TO GO TEAM TWU!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hopeful,

When I arrived onto the BOS ramp, in '86, and ol' timer(FSC) told me..."KID, remember 1 thing about this place,........the ONLY F***ING union that us and the AMT's have is the CREDIT UNION" !!

Well it took me(too) long a time, to realize that the guy was right. He's still there, with 40+ years seniority, and everytime I get a chance to talk to him, I say........"HEY _ _ _ _ _ _ , you know, a good friend of mine tried VERY HARD to tell me(a loooong time ago) that the Only F---ING Union at AA, is the CREDIT UNION, and Boy was he RIGHT" !!!
He just looks at me, and smiles, with a look that says....I told you so !!

NH/BB's

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hopeful,

When I arrived onto the BOS ramp, in '86, and ol' timer(FSC) told me..."KID, remember 1 thing about this place,........the ONLY F***ING union that us and the AMT's have is the CREDIT UNION" !!

Well it took me(too) long a time, to realize that the guy was right. He's still there, with 40+ years seniority, and everytime I get a chance to talk to him, I say........"HEY _ _ _ _ _ _ , you know, a good friend of mine tried VERY HARD to tell me(a loooong time ago) that the Only F---ING Union at AA, is the CREDIT UNION, and Boy was he RIGHT" !!!
He just looks at me, and smiles, with a look that says....I told you so !!

NH/BB's

NH/BB's...remember:

The TWU is still the best union a company can buy!

<_< ---- I never got the first one!--- ;)
Sorry, you must be present to win. I'm also sorry you were out sick that day at half pay. Or you were out enjoying that weeks vacation that you earned the year before that was taken away from you.

1.5% !!! :shock:

At last! Mother can have that operation.
No wait, Mother passed away waiting for us to get back what we gave up so upper management could reward themselves.

Sorry, you must be present to win. I'm also sorry you were out sick that day at half pay. Or you were out enjoying that weeks vacation that you earned the year before that was taken away from you.
No wait, Mother passed away waiting for us to get back what we gave up so upper management could reward themselves.
<_< ----- No Fixer,--- Us Redheaded Step-children here at MCI are lucky to get day old doughnuts! ;)

<_< ----- No Fixer,--- Us Redheaded Step-children here at MCI are lucky to get day old doughnuts! ;)

Now, now, don't be bitter. You got the hot dogs, cokes and the 777 nose to nose with the 757. Talk about a look into the future.

Just think how much better a $288,000,000 profit would have looked to investors vs the $88,000,000. Oh that wouldn't have worked with negotiations coming up..my bad.

Just think how much better a $288,000,000 profit would have looked to investors vs the $88,000,000. Oh that wouldn't have worked with negotiations coming up..my bad.

Investors aren't so stupid as to think that the PUP/PSP payouts affected the first quarter 2007 profits. Misconceptions like those are probably limited to the perpetually disgruntled.

AMR's first quarter profit of $81 million would have been exactly the same even if management had issued itself $10 billion of stock or no new stock last week.