Payscales used by TWU in Nego's

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Mechanic & Related Wages/Pay Rates - American Airlines ...

Has any of you ran across this payscale being used by the TWU?
I can only speak for SWA mechs rate. This scale list the "all-in" max rate at 44.14 as of Jan 2012. It should be listed as 44.50, not a big deal but if your going to compare at least use correct information. no tellin if others are wrong as well. They also state that the "American Airlines mechanics and related employees are compensated above the median pay level of the airline industry in aircraft and plant maintenance pay among legacy and low-cost carriers." If you look at the scale they are second from the bottom just in front of UA but below US, is this correct?? I thought UA was above AA and also thought US was below AA? This statement in quotes above is not accurate...

Reactions: 1 person

I can only speak for SWA mechs rate. This scale list the "all-in" max rate at 44.14 as of Jan 2012. It should be listed as 44.50, not a big deal but if your going to compare at least use correct information. no tellin if others are wrong as well. They also state that the "American Airlines mechanics and related employees are compensated above the median pay level of the airline industry in aircraft and plant maintenance pay among legacy and low-cost carriers." If you look at the scale they are second from the bottom just in front of UA but below US, is this correct?? I thought UA was above AA and also thought US was below AA? This statement in quotes above is not accurate...

Where are you looking at this?

The statement is false, we are very much below the rest of the industry in EVERY category of compensation. The only exception may be USAIR by pennies on the wage but the other categories (vacation, Holidays, Sick etc) more than make up for it, and they have been in negotiations for years.

We have the least amount of vacation, with only 1 week for the first five years.We lag the insustry at every step thereafter.

We have the least amount of sick time at only 5 days per year, the company admits that on averagemechanics more than 5 days per year. So long term employment does not bring financial security in the event of illness at AA.

We have the worst Holiday package in the industry, we get half pay for working five of the normal 10 recognized holidays. So in reality we make 20 hours extra a year for working the Holidays, So we net 2.5 paid holidays per year.

The International tries to justify this pitiful excuse for a contract (that puts us below non-union) by claiming that they got language that saves jobs, what they leave out is the company came up with the limits based upon what they figured would more than meet their outsourcing needs and ability. They went from 40% of man hours to 35% of spend, this was sold as a gain for the workers when its actually an increase in the amount of labor they can outsource. In other words the limits were worth nothing because the market had already set the limits, not the contract.

Reactions: 6 people
Where are you looking at this?

The statement is false, we are very much below the rest of the industry in EVERY category of compensation. The only exception may be USAIR by pennies on the wage but the other categories (vacation, Holidays, Sick etc) more than make up for it, and they have been in negotiations for years.

We have the least amount of vacation, with only 1 week for the first five years.We lag the insustry at every step thereafter.

We have the least amount of sick time at only 5 days per year, the company admits that on averagemechanics more than 5 days per year. So long term employment does not bring financial security in the event of illness at AA.

We have the worst Holiday package in the industry, we get half pay for working five of the normal 10 recognized holidays. So in reality we make 20 hours extra a year for working the Holidays, So we net 2.5 paid holidays per year.

The International tries to justify this pitiful excuse for a contract (that puts us below non-union) by claiming that they got language that saves jobs, what they leave out is the company came up with the limits based upon what they figured would more than meet their outsourcing needs and ability. They went from 40% of man hours to 35% of spend, this was sold as a gain for the workers when its actually an increase in the amount of labor they can outsource. In other words the limits were worth nothing because the market had already set the limits, not the contract.

Bob, I ran across this article looking for a revised and updated list for the new year. After listening to that Stern video I wanted to see for myself. When I google Airline mechanics wages it popped up as number 1 or 2. The web site is aanegotiations.com. Bob I can't tell whether it's AA's site or the TWU's. I am assuming it's the TWU's. Maybe you know.

People are easily befuddled when they try to compare AMFA pay scales to the loser-union. So it was no doubt a sort of hiccup / typo. :)

Bob, I ran across this article looking for a revised and updated list for the new year. After listening to that Stern video I wanted to see for myself. When I google Airline mechanics wages it popped up as number 1 or 2. The web site is aanegotiations.com. Bob I can't tell whether it's AA's site or the TWU's. I am assuming it's the TWU's. Maybe you know.

Its the company site funded by the shareholders. Pure Bu!!$h!+

Whats sickeneing is that AA cherry picks all the time, Don Videtich would repeat those picks, then tell us that we should not cherry pick. Easy for him to take the "High Road: when he doesnt have to live under the terms.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts