PDT looking for whistle blowers?

Uhmmmm...show up and you pass no matter, not that hard to do I would imagine...

Or not show up and pass, at least for the sim portion of training. It's not like paperwork has never been falsified in the history of aviation.

Was the offer made? All we have is the basic "Person A said, person B said."

Jim

PDT uses the training department as a hammer. Knowing that, I would think that the comment, if true, about getting a pass in training would mean that no undue level of perfection would be required on the next event.

A couple of PDT pilots were heard today to say that the story is rather overblown, but there is some basis to it.
He walked into a classroom full of pilots and made the comments. At least that's according to a couple people who were in the room at the time.

Precicely my point. NONE of us can verify the veracity of the story. Whether you resort to name calling or not in calling certain posters "US haters" it does happen to not be an uncommon reaction from those who have followed the actions of US Airways Management both Pre and Post Merger.

I assume Doug Parker to be customer unfriendly not because of any personal bias but because HE TOLD ME SO in his public comments. I didn't appear to me in a vison, he friggin' told me.

Same as Scot Kirby did during the Res Migration.

It's like Oprah (of all people) when she says, "When people show you who that are, BELIEVE THEM". Sadly that's all I'm doing, they said it, I believe and take them at their word. I don't ignore that fact that in word and in deed they are the most customer/employee UNFRIENDLY carrier in the USA and I've got nearly 5 years of last place standings in the DOT Consumer Complaints stats to back me up.

Do you?

I only call it as I see it. Your hatred of US shows in your posts on this website, Flyertalk and has shown when posting under previous identities. We all have a right to differing opinions but when a person uses that hatred to completely close off any other viewpoints, thats wrong. Am I supporter of US, I sure am. Do I however think US is perfect, absolutely not.

Doug Parker and Scott Kirby both have made the comments theyve made as I'm sure they know that they are not where the need to be and would rather admit it then try to make them look like they are something they arent. Unlike other airline executives that seem to want to make their airlines seems perfect but yet arent.

With regards to complaints, US has been getting better while others have been getting worse. So I dont buy your argument. Sure they were at the bottom but thats in the past.

You do realize that this article is about PDT, not US Airways Right?? While PDT is a wholly-owned operator, they have their own Mgmt. etc.
As far as the "rumors" since the BK days, I have never heard anything of the sort. Seems you are a bit quick to jump to such a quick judgement of US Airways.

Just read through the posts upon posts on this and other websites. Youll see the hatred of the airline guides what gets posted, right or wrong.

I only call it as I see it. Your hatred of US shows in your posts on this website, Flyertalk and has shown when posting under previous identities. We all have a right to differing opinions but when a person uses that hatred to completely close off any other viewpoints, thats wrong. Am I supporter of US, I sure am. Do I however think US is perfect, absolutely not.

I SUPPORT the Customers and Employees of US Airways, have for a long time now. Do you know that I have a "Back Channel" that I successfully established for customers to get their more unusual concerns addressed by someone who can cut the BS and Red tape?

Doug Parker and Scott Kirby both have made the comments theyve made as I'm sure they know that they are not where the need to be and would rather admit it then try to make them look like they are something they arent. Unlike other airline executives that seem to want to make their airlines seems perfect but yet arent.

They don't dare to even think of saying their airline is great! They've stated their goal is to be "Good Enough". The airline is the laughing stock of the industry and it pains me to say that as over the years I put a lot of time and my own money into inflencing )or attempting to at least which is likely more than you've done) Senior Management. In that process some of my colleagues have been outright lied to by those at the top.

Now you can choose to believe it or don't, the reason I harrangue, b*tch, P!$$ and moan is I firmly believe that US has the people and the assets that if led properly would go from worst to first and become a formidable competitor as opposed to limping along being "Good Enough".

Heck when you start the season in Football, you goal is to win the Super Bowl, not finish 8-8! Good Christ who ever heard of that BS?

With regards to complaints, US has been getting better while others have been getting worse. So I dont buy your argument. Sure they were at the bottom but thats in the past.

Yes they have improved and I happen to be privy as to why certain things have improved. Are they Number 1,in all categories at all times? NO! Remember 2nd place is really first loser. I firmly believe that if you constantly strive to be number ONE in EVERYTHING you do, then even if you fail while daring greatly you will improve overall and that's good. However if you state you're goal is to be "Good Enough" then you are subject to 30,000 definitions of what constitutes "Good Enough".

Number ONE is pretty simple. Either an executive or ramper can grasp that concept. Heck even Pilots would be able to figure that out if they ever look up from the seniority list (Sorry Pilots, it was to good a cheap shot to wiff on)

SOOOOO To finish on topic. Do I think the intimidation happened? Not a doubt in my mind.

Just read through the posts upon posts on this and other websites. Youll see the hatred of the airline guides what gets posted, right or wrong.

He walked into a classroom full of pilots and made the comments. At least that's according to a couple people who were in the room at the time.

This is true.

If you read this most recent Buffalo article carefully you will see that the official pdt response was not to deny that the comments were made, but only to deny that they were genuine.

The way training works at PDT, it would be very easy for this particular person to 'pass' anyone without even giving them a sim ride. The pdt training dept is a good ol' boys club.

There is no internal/external investigation into the matter however, so its not likely that anything will be done at this point.

Latest posts