Pensions!

FWAAA,Sep 8 2004, 09:33 AM]
Oops, my bad. My dyslexia is showing. I erred when I typed $1.159 billion in revenues. The correct number is $1.519 billion. Sorry about that.

There you go talking about a bankruptcy judge again. But I thought you weren't in favor of bankruptcy. Oh, but wait, you were in favor of rejecting the concessions (which would have caused a ch 11 filing. Whatever.

Would have caused? Prove it! That was the threat by management. Bankruptcy, or the threat of it, has simply become a business tactic, its not always the disaster it used to be.

How are YOU providing the funds for the 8% return to Eagle? Do you buy all those tickets?

The 8% is guaranteed right? So even if Eagle didnt sell one ticket, if they flew empty airplanes the 8% profit would come from the revenues generated at AA.

I thought that the customers bought most of the tickets. Don't you get travel benefits? Sure, sometimes buying a ticket is preferrable to NRSA travel, but I doubt you buy too many Eagle tickets.

I dont buy or use too many of any tickets, I cant afford to go to very many places. The last place I went was to my brothers wedding, I went Jet Blue, full fare.

Bob Owens said:
Yes but at the time when you voted wasnt "Eagle" made up of several independant companies?

Yes. And we were all fairly well insulated from each other. I don't know the circumstances of the other airlines vote and I never thought to ask anybody.

Maybe your company voted on it but others may not have. The guys in New York said they never voted on it. They said all of a sudden they got a slight increase and were told they were TWU.

Interesting.

Why arent you guys going for AMFA? The sooner we all get into one union, a real one, the better.

Actually I am surprised there isn't more of an AMFA drive given the state of the current negotiations.
[post="178229"][/post]​

will fix for food said:
[post="178251"][/post]​

Another thing, since the company has a guaranteed 8% return they cant claim that they cant afford to pay you guys at least what we make. Its about time that you guys started getting paid like mechanics instead of trainees for the majors. Your liscences are just at much at risk.

Bob Owens said:
Another thing, since the company has a guaranteed 8% return they cant claim that they cant afford to pay you guys at least what we make.

I agree.........but of course they ARE making that claim.

Its about time that you guys started getting paid like mechanics instead of trainees for the majors. Your liscences are just at much at risk.

You would think that the one thing they couldn't get away with paying us less for was the license premium. After all an A&P license is an A&P license. Ours however is only worth $3 as opposed to your $5. Incredible.
[post="178396"][/post]​

will fix for food said:
I agree.........but of course they ARE making that claim.

And no doubt the TWU is shrugging their shoulders in agreement. "Look fellas we dont want to force them to spin us off. Who knows what will happen then. They may just break it up and sell it off in peices".

You would think that the one thing they couldn't get away with paying us less for was the license premium. After all an A&P license is an A&P license. Ours however is only worth $3 as opposed to your $5. Incredible.

T- W- U

Need I say anymore? Same parent company, same union, same liscences, but you guys are in a permanent B-scale.

So, when are you going to start the AMFA drive over there? There is no better time to put a little fire under their seat than contract negotiations. Dont buy into their BS about how you have to stick together when they are talking like the company instead of a union.Make it clear that if a crap contract comes down to the floor the TWU is out. If the TWU is out they are out, and thats the only way you can get them out.

Latest posts