PHL-ATH year round if Olympic stops TATL flying?

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
OK, yesterday I did trash the validity or airliners.net rumors with their US to file BK nonsense. And apologies to all for not making clear why I posted the link. It was not to start "is US doomed?" talk, but to make fun of some of the stuff at anet.

Now, with the disclaimer out of the way. Here is more stuff from anet. Speculation/ rumor that Olympic will pull out of the ATH-JFK market:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/g...d.main/4522732/
I had no idea about this; then again I don't really follow OA the way I do with the likes of LH and BA.

If this happens, one can only hope that US would consider year round ATH flights. As nice as it is to see US serving so many places in Europe, it's rather disappointing that so much of the flying is summer only. It would be great with more year round flights.

FWIW, I was on the tracks yesterday when the USAir bankruptcy rumor started. I was monitoring 123.45, and somebody came on and said, "So, who's merging?". Another person replied, "USAir and a bankruptcy court." After that, there was so much chatter, I had to turn my radio down.

I was amazed to see the rumor on a-net several hours later. Moral of the story: a-net is a waste of bandwidth.

Delta does run ATH year-round, but it goes to less than daily in the winter (great 48 hour layover!).

No reason why PHL ATH is not year round service..same with VCE BCN ARN LIS ZRH Europe is an all year destination the walls dont come up in the winter time. I enjoy it better in the winter myself.

Actually I believe a principal reason PHL-ATH was not year round was becasuse both the US 330 and particularly the 762 would likely have to take uneconomical winter TA weight restrictions. Now that a 332 is being assigned to this route, I assume it will go year round.

If nothing else offer service service 1,2,3,4 days a week. What ever the destination will support.

Sorry to go off topic, but is there a place where I can go to see a comprehensive list of last day of service to the seasonal cities?

Latest posts