PHL Crew Room Furniture

PHLfa88

Veteran
Jan 19, 2004
What about the Updated furniture in the philly quiet side crew room. It is nice to be able to have a relaxing lunch with my freinds And Not having to worry about finding a place sit down while I eat ( lord knows we are used to doing it on the plane). Yes it maybe hammy down's ( I'll Take it Any Day) from the club, but hey, Leather chairs And Granite table tops! I walked in and went WOW!!Holy Moly!! It looked like a Ritz Carlton Cocktail Lounge with all the different seating areas. :up: Thanks Doug :up: I guess doing the Town Hall Meeting in the Hell Hole really opened some ones eyes! Pic Soon To Come.

What about the Updated furniture in the philly quiet side crew room. It is nice to be able to have a relaxing lunch with my freinds And Not having to worry about finding a place sit down while I eat ( lord knows we are used to doing it on the plane). Yes it maybe hammy down's ( I'll Take it Any Day) from the club, but hey, Leather chairs And Granite table tops! I walked in and went WOW!!Holy Moly!! It looked like a Ritz Carlton Cocktail Lounge with all the different seating areas. :up: Thanks Doug :up: I guess doing the Town Hall Meeting in the Hell Hole really opened some ones eyes! Pic Soon To Come.

Actually, It was Captain Mathews (Chief Pilot in PHL) who pushed to get the new furniture.

forget about new furniture . how about a new crew room. looks like the company is looking to relocate the b6 crew room to the space that was formerly used by usairways express under gate b10. it's huge down there and guess what . there is an elevator that goes up to the terminal at gate b16. so stay tuned. things are looking up for the phl base. i have spoken to ron cole and tony grantham on this and they have both told me that it's a sure bet that we will relocate there. :up:

forget about new furniture . how about a new crew room. looks like the company is looking to relocate the b6 crew room to the space that was formerly used by usairways express under gate b10. it's huge down there and guess what . there is an elevator that goes up to the terminal at gate b16. so stay tuned. things are looking up for the phl base. i have spoken to ron cole and tony grantham on this and they have both told me that it's a sure bet that we will relocate there. :up:

That's cool, but can we turn the old crew room into a luxury hotel for commuters???? :up: :rolleyes:

Geez, sounds nice! Better than anything in PHX or LAS.
West crew rooms are filthy dumps!
I can't speak from experience, but I've heard from East folks who've been in West crew rooms that yours are FAR superior to ours. Granted, that's not saying much, but for you to say West lounges are dumps, well, wait till you see CLT and PHL. Pathetic. In CLT, we got hand me down furniture from the old club on Concourse D when it closed...IN 2000!!!. That furniture was already 8 years old when it came to us!

In CLT, we got hand me down furniture from the old club on Concourse D when it closed...IN 2000!!!. That furniture was already 8 years old when it came to us!

Well, same for PHL....but we have 4 chairs and an OPR table that's it! Let's not even talk about how old those computers are either.....and can we please get some high speed access down there instead of this "Russian Technology"...c'mon we don't have much time when we're down there as it is!

you used to need a tetnis shot before sitting down in phl b6 crewroom. pit was always nice, both in clt just ok. the smoke rooms in clt were the best with the mannequins and stuff. dca is a no cell phone bunker, a big dark basement. bos and lga not much to them. bwi used to be nice with the enormous mirror that said USAir (old symbol) on it.

the worst nasty pit of a crew room is the crew room in terminal f. right over stinky jet rock, crap all over the floor and express pilots and flight attendants literally living there. mesa girls on AIR MATRESSES at 10 in the morning and pilots in undershirts watching dvds with no headphones. none of them wearing shoes, and nowhere to sit because they would clump the chairs together into beds. it was awful it was like visiting a battered womens shelter. :shock: i could not believe they put us there. no one ever signed in on the computer they would call sked because it was just felt too sad to be up there. not that the computer ever worked anyway.

We'll see how long this lasts. They put in new furniture in CLT and few years ago and half of it walked off the the dark of night. Ended up having to bolt it to the floor. Hope we fare better in PHL.

A320 Driver B)

Free coffee no being served in the CLT crew room! Holy Moly!!No that my friends is a USWest thing! :up:

You guys should see the ABR Express breakroom down by F2 in PHL. The two couches we have are probably about 10 years old, not to mention the two cafeteria tables that are broke. The kicker is that Express employees love coming in and hanging out in our break room because we have a large television that the union was kind enough to buy, so you never have a place to sit beacuse they're taking up all the space!!!

(Note: Express ABR is not part of Express. We took over running the bags over to mainline for them because they weren't very good at it.)

Free coffee no being served in the CLT crew room! Holy Moly!!No that my friends is a USWest thing! :up:

Free coffee!

Just look for one of these things:

ncm2.jpg

Latest posts