PHL Crew Room Furniture

I have been in both the crew rooms at PHX and PHL and PHL won by far for worst idea ever for a crew room.

Glad to hear you are getting new digs. Nothing worse that starting your day in a dump!

Set34_02.jpg
I have been in both the crew rooms at PHX and PHL and PHL won by far for worst idea ever for a crew room.

Glad to hear you are getting new digs. Nothing worse that starting your day in a dump!
And that is what it used to be before all the new stuff..Look and See!

Set34_02.jpg
And that is what it used to be before all the new stuff..Look and See!
This is just a sample of what we Used to have to fight for just to sit down for a break!

Attachments

• Set33_01.jpg
    Set33_01.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 88
We'll see how long this lasts. They put in new furniture in CLT and few years ago and half of it walked off the the dark of night. Ended up having to bolt it to the floor. Hope we fare better in PHL.

A320 Driver B)
You won't fare better in PHL. Ramp needs new furniture too! You'll probably have to cement it to the floor, otherwise, thanks for the new furniture.

What really gets to me is that US Airways Express carriers got the old Concourse D club in CLT for their crew room. Huge windows, high ceilings, nice woodwork. Meanwhile, we're down in the dungeon.

The nicest crew lounges I've ever seen are DL in ATL and LH in FRA. LH has showers, lockers, comfy chairs, and restrooms that you don't mind using.

Say goodbye to your "hotel" folks.

Just so you know, those of you that live in the crew room better find new accomodations. I have been told that the quiet room will be locked at night (not sure when it will start) and the new crew room will not have a quiet "sleeping" room.

Time to get a crashpad folks....like the rest of us.

Sounds like they are trying to make it better. Give them time, it didn't turn into a pig pen overnight and money is still tight.

But a clean comfortable crew room is a boost to morale and helps change attitudes so hopefully sooner rather than later for the improvements.

Kudos for a good first step.

Piney,

Your comments won’t hold water…!!!

If that’s the case then PHX HQ needs to wait on their new construction too. Money’s only tight when it comes to making the employees life more comfortable.

SL

Attachments

• USHQ.jpg
    USHQ.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 78
terminal f. right over stinky jet rock, crap all over the floor and express pilots and flight attendants literally living there. mesa girls on AIR MATRESSES at 10 in the morning and pilots in undershirts watching dvds with no headphones.

I must be tired, I thought at first there was a stinky jock strap in the crew room :shock:

The Corporate HQ will likely be a money maker with the retail shops and government aid. So it might just hold water after all.
I agree, this project is a good one. Still, I find it hard to believe that the company couldn't find a few dollars to bring our crew lounges into the 21st Century.

The Red Bull soda machine in the CLT crew lounge is more high-tech (it takes credit cards) than our 1989-era CRTs . The CRTs are running on Windows 95 and have IE 4.1 loaded on to view webpages. The company website doesn't even show up correctly on them because the IE loaded on them is from 8 years ago!

I agree, this project is a good one. Still, I find it hard to believe that the company couldn't find a few dollars to bring our crew lounges into the 21st Century.

My point exactly,

You watch the amenities that PHX HQ has, then compare those to CLT crew lounge.

We waited for the airport to throw away chairs in the dumpster then we dug them out and used them in our break room.

It’s all a matter of how you want to spend your money. In this case, employee’s last..!!

SL

Latest posts