PHL ticket/gate agents

N513AU

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/29/2002 3:26:55 PM FrankWasRight wrote:

Where do they find them ? Be assured,after the rude treatment at B11 this morning,the complaint letters are forthcoming.I advised all the victims on how to contact Consumer Affairs.This is not how you get repeat business.Prolly nothing will be done,but it's good to vent.
----------------
[/blockquote]

You get what you pay for. Remember, US has the lowest wages for CS agents in the business now...and its only to get worse.The benefits of cheap labor is cheap tickets, but McDonald's like "service with a snarl" is pretty much the future of air travel.

[P]victims.......[BR][BR]seems a little strong..there are victims in ISRAEL, PALESTINE...there were victims of 9-11..[BR]JIM JONES AND CREW...COLUMBINE...OKC bombing..just to mention a few..did you land in phl safely?[BR]maybe there was a major inconvience, but what are you all victims of? [BR][BR]p.s. do you have consumer affairs number on speed dial[BR][BR][BR][/P]
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/29/2002 3:26:55 PM FrankWasRight wrote:
[P]Where do they find them ? Be assured,after the rude treatment at B11 this morning,the complaint letters are forthcoming.I advised all the victims on how to contact Consumer Affairs.This is not how you get repeat business.Prolly nothing will be done,but it's good to vent.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[H5] [/H5]

Where do they find them ? Be assured,after the rude treatment at B11 this morning,the complaint letters are forthcoming.I advised all the victims on how to contact Consumer Affairs.This is not how you get repeat business.Prolly nothing will be done,but it''s good to vent.

Another consequence of US Airways' singular focus on the northeast. When Nordstrom's first expanded into New Jersey, they had to import a cadre of employees from the west coast just to show the locals how to treat the customers like human beings, a foreign concept up in the land of "cool northern efficiency."

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/29/2002 3:57:05 PM N513AU wrote:

You get what you pay for. Remember, US has the lowest wages for CS agents in the business now...and its only to get worse.The benefits of cheap labor is cheap tickets, but McDonald's like "service with a snarl" is pretty much the future of air travel.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Oh please cut the low wages = poor service BS. There are McDonald's workers who are friendlier than a $20+/hr (or whatever the industry leading wage was/is) airline cs agents.

Also, this happenned in PHL - why such a surprise?

Just another thought. As a trench employee, I can say that US Airways management has temporarily (hopefully)lost its focus on running the airline. The focus is on survival and all the finances, labor issues, layoffs, service reductions, etc. Even lower management is looking over their shoulder for the "ax-man". This is not an environment to foster employees into excelling at service recovery. US employees are still very good at it (lots of practice), but the heart isn't totally there.

Maybe, if and when the company's current direction is determined, management can focus on the quality of the service US offers. From the Customer Service side, I believe SABRE still sucks but management seems satisfied with it. If Dave only knew how much money is not being collected because of the demise of TIPS with PACER and the failure to complete the TIPS II project with SABRE, he might take a look at how much agent time (expense) can be saved with a good front-end.

Just as an example-next time you are at the airport, watch to see how many times it takes 2 or 3 agents to complete a single transaction. No matter how good the agent is, native SABRE is a complicate, format intense beast.

Yes, I would like to know more about what happened
to make you a "victim". Every service business has
personnel who are not fit to serve the public. In
my 21 year career at USAirways, mgmnt never has
properly addressed the issue. I know of one girl
who was fired from a car rental company and a regional airline for rudeness and later hired by
USAirways although they knew about her past.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/29/2002 8:43:18 PM Old PSA wrote:

Just as an example-next time you are at the airport, watch to see how many times it takes 2 or 3 agents to complete a single transaction. No matter how good the agent is, native SABRE is a complicate, format intense beast.

sabre cutover was 4 years ago...i dont think you can use as a crutch anymore.
the agents that i worked with in the trenches who were proficient with pacer adjusted to sabre quite easily..granted it is a little redundent, but it does work.
the agents who were not all that good with pacer got worse with sabre.
if you got you got it, if you dont you never will.

----------------
[/blockquote]
10.gif']

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/29/2002 11:07:41 PM REACC1 wrote:
[P]Sabre is a cumbersome beast. I have never worked with a system that had so many glitches in it. More recently [BR]fc upgrades w/prefered member companion upgrades, sabre pulls orig segment coupon for conx e tkt boarding pass, prints "paper" boarding pass for orig seg. Then you must go in and print conx coupon for orig seg. Or cancel all of it out and start over. Thats just one glitch. It wont recognize names with Jr or the third (as in sabrejr or sabreIII) as a simular name as,say, sabre. I even had one guy check in at a kiosk with his own credit card (last name Thomas) and it pulled up a Thomas Jones or something like it. It wasnt even his reservation.(think security) Sabre is pure junk or at least our partition. It slows me down.[BR]I guess if they can get us to perform more keystrokes per transaction than we did before, its called productivity.[IMG src="http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/7.gif"] [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]no doubt it is cumbersome, but i have seen many agts who can zip right thru it...pacer would think for you...sabre you have to coach...but it does work...i am not a sabre fan but make due with what you have to work with...[BR][BR][img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/10.gif']

Sabre is a cumbersome beast. I have never worked with a system that had so many glitches in it. More recently
fc upgrades w/prefered member companion upgrades, sabre pulls orig segment coupon for conx e tkt boarding pass, prints "paper" boarding pass for orig seg. Then you must go in and print conx coupon for orig seg. Or cancel all of it out and start over. Thats just one glitch. It wont recognize names with Jr or the third (as in sabrejr or sabreIII) as a simular name as,say, sabre. I even had one guy check in at a kiosk with his own credit card (last name Thomas) and it pulled up a Thomas Jones or something like it. It wasnt even his reservation.(think security) Sabre is pure junk or at least our partition. It slows me down.
I guess if they can get us to perform more keystrokes per transaction than we did before, its called productivity.[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/7.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/29/2002 3:26:55 PM FrankWasRight wrote:

Where do they find them ? Be assured,after the rude treatment at B11 this morning,the complaint letters are forthcoming.I advised all the victims on how to contact Consumer Affairs.This is not how you get repeat business.Prolly nothing will be done,but it's good to vent.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Unfortunately you were probably dealing with agents whose last day at Usairways is tomorrow. That is when the next round of agents exit the door. Fine Christmas present, give them there furlough papers Christmas Eve and tell them their last day is the 30th. I still cannot understand why there have been so many sick calls during that period, most of them the affected employees. I don't think it would have put the company under to wait a few days before handing out the letters, at least till after the busy travel week. I think customer service would have been a a much higher level. The bottom line is I feel alot of people just really do not care anymore.

[blockquote]
----------------

Maybe, if and when the company's current direction is determined, management can focus on the quality of the service US offers. From the Customer Service side, I believe SABRE still sucks but management seems satisfied with it. If Dave only knew how much money is not being collected because of the demise of TIPS with PACER and the failure to complete the TIPS II project with SABRE, he might take a look at how much agent time (expense) can be saved with a good front-end.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Has it not been several years since US switched over to SABRE? Funny, SABRE seems to work fine for AMR. However, if SABRE does suck, then an employee who is proud of his/her job and cares about the customer will try his/her best to get additional training on SABRE to become profiecient, or will #### to the company about how the system does suck. Likewise, management, if it keeps on hearing from employees how much SABRE sucks should do something about it - like offer additional training for employees, or switch to another system, or sue SABRE for selling them a POS. But that would require a management team with balls.

I'd heard it was Gangwal's call on the Sabre deal. I also heard he threw quite a hissy fit as he thought he was buying an upgraded system but got sorta a Sabre-beta test.

I've also heard it takes a full 18 months to become truly proficient with this Sabre system.

My hat is off to those CSA's who can whip through it without problems.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/30/2002 3:00:19 PM FrugalFlyer wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

Has it not been several years since US switched over to SABRE? Funny, SABRE seems to work fine for AMR. However, if SABRE does suck, then an employee who is proud of his/her job and cares about the customer will try his/her best to get additional training on SABRE to become profiecient, or will #### to the company about how the system does suck. Likewise, management, if it keeps on hearing from employees how much SABRE sucks should do something about it - like offer additional training for employees, or switch to another system, or sue SABRE for selling them a POS. But that would require a management team with balls.

----------------
[/blockquote]
Yes, Sabre DOES suck and it is not the same system that American has. Wolf was cheap and only purchased what he had to purchase to get the job done. U's sabre system not only requires coaching; it requires the agent to cheat the system because it DOES NOT work the way it should. And training????? Management always gives MINIMAL training. Many times I have had to figure out a refund, etc. manually and made the system come up with the right amount.

poor service? Yup, it must be USAir! You all need to take a look at how Continental treats their "customers" in EWR and how Southwest treats theirs.
Both airlines pay their agents less than USAirways and they seem to know that the only thing their company has to sell is "service", something that you need to give your customers or someone else will. Simple fact, customers are not the enemy.