Pilot Died after Takeoff

I have a feeling that you do very little Int'l flying or you would have to agree my friend...age does play a factor.
Actually, it's greed. These guys don't have to fly all the trans pacs and all nighters. They have plenty of senority to bid the day flying up and down the coast in the same time zones. The only reason they don't is MONEY. ALPA got it wrong when they negoiated the pay scales. When you first are hired you should have to fly the 777's and 74's of the skies. Doing the long haul time zone thing all night long. These should pay the least. Then when your close in on retirement you should fly the smaller narrow bodies, for more money, in the same time zone during daylight hours.

Good CRM on the pilots part. Since he was a check airman giving IOE to the new captain he was very comfortable in the left seat and having someone in the right seat made the situation more normal since he also checked out FO's. If nothing else he could read the check lists and help with the radio work. I can understand the passengers being alarmed but how else could you find a pilot passenger? Bet he feels great knowing he helped land an airliner with 150 hours