Pope Francis

Please, let's not start a "My interpretation of the Bible is the correct one" thread. With the right editing, one can "prove" almost anything by "quoting" the Bible.
Indeed. But one has to wonder why one pastor (Franklin Grahan) reads from Leviticus 20:10 when talking about gays, but avoids referencing Leviticus 20:13 when it comes to an (at least) 3 time adulterer?

I don't believe anyone of us is above judgement.So don't even go there.

Indeed. But one has to wonder why one pastor (Franklin Grahan) reads from Leviticus 20:10 when talking about gays, but avoids referencing Leviticus 20:13 when it comes to an (at least) 3 time adulterer?
What I find even more interesting (learned this from a Jewish rabbi), the Hebrew word (which is the language God spoke LOL) that is interpreted in English-language bibles as abomination when applied to sex with another person of the same sex, is the same word in Hebrew applied (in the same book of the Bible) to the eating of shellfish, but is not translated as abomination in English-language Bibles. I guess if it's something the translator wants--like a shrimp cocktail--it's not an abomination.

that was written sarcastically. I know how Bears feels about a ficticious Christian savior.

I posted that link specifically about what Pope Francis went on record as saying. While I most respectfully disagree with Pope Francis as far as Jesus being of a virgin birth, my admiration for this Pope is through the stratosphere, and I have respect for my Creator.

The Pope may be well versed in scripture and social matters, but may fall a bit short on his understanding of history...

Look at the Weimar Constitution and the powers granted to the President, and compare it to our Constitution. It was very progressive for its time... In the end, it was also fairly worthless.

Hitler had the power to dissolve his parliament. He had the power to use force to compel a State to follow national law. He had the power to suspend civil rights.

Fear Trump if you wish, but the fact remains that our Constitution (written more than a hundred years earlier than the Weimar) doesn't allow anything even close to the power that facilitated the takeover Hitler was able to accomplish.

Like his father Franklin Graham is a grifter going from town to town tricking people into giving them their hard earned money so he can live a life of luxury. So it shouldn't be top much of a surprise that he holds a double standard when the truth is an inconvenience.

Last edited: