Question Re: B737 from EWR to LAS & PHX to EWR

Justin

Dec 31, 2007
I am a very nervous flyer with a stupid concern I am sure.

I am booked on a flight in June from EWR to LAS and from PHX to EWR. Continental I notice, always uses the 737-800 on both these routes while other airlines flying the same route use B757 or A320.

I also own flight simulator X and have flown the B737-800 on the same routes but when I fly the B737 I alway run very low on fuel, criticaly low. Now I know I AM NOT a professional pilot in ANY means. When I fly the route on FSX I fly at using 70-75% of the engines which may be a lot.

My concern and question is the B737 not a good choice of aircraft to fly the above routes? Has anyone had experience with these routes on a B737? Or do I look forward to having to make an emergency stop for fuel when I am on my flights in June? I know these are silly questions but I am concerned and curious. Thank You.

Ok..

The 737-800 on that route is just fine. Keep in mind the 737 has better range than the A320.

Also just food for thought, the flight sim is not real airline operations.

Its all about economics.. The 737-800 is the better choice than say a 757.

Ok Thanks. I had a feeling the flight sim is not THAt accurate. I didnt realize the B737 had better range than A320. Very good to know, I feel better. Many Thanks

Just to give you an idea of the 737-800 range, Its flies IAH-ANC non-stop in the summer. Thats route is basicly the maximum range for its class. The 737-700 Flew EWR-GYE south america non-stop. It was discontinued because unfortunately the winds and the heavy loads didn't cooperate. They had to stop for gas in MIA but on a good day, it goes stright.

Latest posts

Back