Question for F/A's

Hope777

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
I have a question for the F/A that fly the 737-800's....
On a recent trip home from AUA to EWR in F/C aboard a 737-800, about two hours into the 4.5 hour flight, they ran out of ice on the aircraft. Is this common or is it an oversight by the crew working this flight to ensure the aircraft had enough catering?

I have a question for the F/A that fly the 737-800's....
On a recent trip home from AUA to EWR in F/C aboard a 737-800, about two hours into the 4.5 hour flight, they ran out of ice on the aircraft. Is this common or is it an oversight by the crew working this flight to ensure the aircraft had enough catering?
Could be a number of factors.

1 The caterer did not have enough ice and CO couldn't/wouldn't waot for more.

2The crew forgot to check.

3Crew was hoarding the ice to keep their own booze from duty free iced down for that bbq after the trip . :up:

We did wait at the gate for Cashews for 25 minutes. My guess is the ice wasnt checked by the inflight coordinator. She didnt seem to be too interested in anything. As she was handing out headsets in F/C, she was carrying her newspaper to the back to read. Great flight down, real bad one back.

Why do you make a point that you were in in F Class??
Because it should have been caught while doing the Pre-Flight Beverage Service, NO?
The Crew was in the Ice bins and if they saw only a bag or two of ice should have caught the problem before departing. And for the record, it was a paid for seat, no upgrade, no miles, no non-rev........ So back to the question, is it the norm to run out of ice on the 800?
On the Skybus thread CO738, you said "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" Well paying over $2400.00 for two seats, shouldnt I expect a drink with ice in it with over two and a half hours of flying time to go?

Another posiblity is that they had no where to stow the ice. they stow it in blue bukets. No ble buckets, no ice. But really its the aft galley person who makes the difference. I rarely fly aft galley, but when I do, I make sure we get all I can get.

Another posiblity is that they had no where to stow the ice. they stow it in blue bukets. No ble buckets, no ice. But really its the aft galley person who makes the difference. I rarely fly aft galley, but when I do, I make sure we get all I can get.
Thanks for the answer.
I didnt think it was the norm, but I do understand things happen.

It used to be the case that DL wouldn't push until someone in some office bunker could verify the fas had all the ice they needed.

I would imagine they were just short on the ground. However, it is possible that no one checked.

I doubt there was a big conspiracy to deny the pax ice.... this isn't USAirways, it's Continental.

It used to be the case that DL wouldn't push until someone in some office bunker could verify the fas had all the ice they needed.

I would imagine they were just short on the ground. However, it is possible that no one checked.

I doubt there was a big conspiracy to deny the pax ice.... this isn't USAirways, it's Continental.
Look I was noly asking a question, not trying to stir the pot.

It also may be that it was Aruba. Sometimes you see companies stocking back at the US station for the round trip, when you land at more "remote" places. Who knows what kind of services that they have contracted with Aruba station or whether they can or will stock ice. I don't know for sure, but when I was at TWA, we'd see stuff like this on some of our smaller stations out of country.

LOL and I work for usairways....my question is what kind of reserve system do you have? how long before you all hold a block? thank you kathy

Back