Recession

Van,
The O-man and his little feathers family will NOT participate in this upper management scare tactic again........

I agree with you that Gloom and Doom Doug wants to try and scare labor all the while getting his dividend checks each month

and getting richer by the minute.. Sorry Doug . won't work with the east . We've seen that movie before.
Good for you Oriole Man!!! Good for you. And that is the spirit.

Sadly, I believe Mr. Parker and the management team are spouting half the crap they are and doing half the crap they are doing in order to leverage the labor into accepting lower pay and a lower standard of living. I'm amazed people live with and put up with it.

The bottom line is this: Economic contractions (recessions) are real, they happen. They aren't going to stop happening. As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, there will be another recession down the road.

The real difference is in "how one deals with it." Does on "buy into" all the doom and gloom and change their standard of living BACK to a lower standard? Or does one work to manage their financial life instead of letting their financial life manage them?

Same thing for the company....does Mr. Parker just roll over and be a "victim?" Or does he get after working toward a change and managing through.

This company appears to be letting the next wave hit them as opposed to making a change in course to minimize the wave.

funny thing about recession at US,

we are in the middle of feb. the load factor is around 78 % (this being the slowest time of the year for air travel)

US treats it's pax like S*it but at the end of the day comes out ahead. SO other than paying 3.15 a gallon for gas

I really don't see a recession