Reduction In Stl?

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
On the 10pm news tonight here in Dallas, they said that AA announced that it was reducing the number of gates at STL from 56 to 31 and reducing their cargo space. I'm hoping that most of the reduction is the gates in D concourse that haven't been used for some time now.

I am a f/a based in STL. Does anyone know if there is a cutback in flights as well as gate space? I'm fairly certain that this won't result in a furlough--at least not right away. The f/a contract requires that the company give a minimum of 4 weeks notice of layoff. However, we have some of the greatest gate agents in the world at STL. I would hate to see any of them get laid off.

Nope, this is just in preparation for a new lease agreement with the airport. No cutbacks planned, just not going to rent all those vacant gates anymore.

STL is getting a new runway and has all those vacant gates. Between STL and that nearly vacant airport across the river (MidAmerica), there's a ton of airport capacity in the St Louis region. What the people in ORD wouldn't give to have that runway at O'Hare.

As I understand it, this is the remainder of D which hasn't already been subleased to other carriers (those subleasing would become primary leaseholders with the city), as well as the B concourse now used by Connection. Not sure if Stores moves over to C or consolidates at the hangar, but I assume they won't be at ramp level on D anymore.

Stores has already moved to the C concourse at C-18. We are going to be a test station for something called "Checkerboard". It is like Southwests ramp plan. Starts in late October. About 24 full time FSC will be recalled. Six man team working 2 gates but only 1 departure at a time. As long there are no weather problems or ground stops it will work great. Stl is keeping 9 gates. By the way, Southwest uses 7 rampers in their plan and we will have 6

Stores has already moved to the C concourse at C-18. We are going to be a test station for something called "Checkerboard". It is like Southwests ramp plan. Starts in late October. About 24 full time FSC will be recalled. Six man team working 2 gates but only 1 departure at a time. As long there are no weather problems or ground stops it will work great. Stl is keeping 9 gates. By the way, Southwest uses 7 rampers in their plan and we will have 6

I believe that AA will still have longer ground times, which makes up for the one less ramper. If this works it will be very cool and I most on the ramp will like it.

Oneflyer said:
I believe that AA will still have longer ground times, which makes up for the one less ramper. If this works it will be very cool and I most on the ramp will like it.
[post="297960"][/post]​

It's six FSC's and I presume a working CC. I've seen the plan as well and have to admit it looks interesting on paper. If it cuts down on the 50 or 60 gate changes a day we see at DFW, it's got to be good.