Regional Airline Academy is a NO-NO

atl.flyboy

Nov 10, 2008
Hey all, If anyone out there is thinking about going to Regional Airline Academy in Deland or in Mesa, don't go. Mesa campus is closing now so thats out of the question (thats where I went). I went there and I got ripped off big time. I work for the regionals now. FO on crj200 which is good, but i spent way too much money at RAA and still have money there that they won't give me. There are lots of problems with the school: planes, management, (everyone that goes there thinks something illegal is going on behind the scenes with the student's money), instructors, etc.

Just an FYI find another school, you'll save 10s of thousands of dollars...

don't make the same mistakes I did.

cheers guys, good luck!

It's reasons like those that you mentioned as to why I'm doing my flight training on my own. Hours is hours no matter how you spin it. No reason to get into bad debt to become a pilot. If you go about it that way, you won't see any return of investment in AT LEAST a decade (and that's IF you are lucky enough NOT to get furloughed).

That, and going to ERAU's extended campus is saving me the cost of buying a new plane worth of student loans.

Latest posts