student in need of your help/expertise

Jun 1, 2009
New Jersey
I am a junior in high school and I have just strted flight lessons toward my private pilot certification. My first lesson was a gift from my dad and cost me nothing. For my second lesson, I went out for 1.3 hours, paying a grand total of $271- almost all the money in my possesion. Now I am sitting around trying to figure out what I could do to pay for my training. I would love/need to hear your stories/advice on how to/how you pay for lessons.

A little backround on my situation: I am a straight A student with a 93 average. I take three AP courses and am a three season varsity track runner, so, coupled with the two, weekdays are booked for me-I can only go on weekends or during the summer. My parents have agreed to bring to the airport (it's a little ways a way) 2-3 times a month. My instructor is great and I am less inclined to switch schools. My parents have agreed to chip in a little money, but it will most likely be primarily on me. My insructor has advised me to do Part 61 training, as I already have a good knowledge of aviation. Any scholarships/grants/good pilot loan services you know of for high schoolers would be very much appreciated. In college, I plan to major in aeronautical engineering. And, unfortunately, my parents have prohibited me from going in the Armed Forces, so Air Force and Navy are not an option.

Please help me-I love flying and would hate to have to stop because of financial reasons!!!!

Thank you,
hatestheground7

Latest posts