Remember that day at America West Airlines when.....

HPearlyretiree

Veteran
Nov 6, 2002
Great new group at Facebook for AWA employees. No politics, no bashing, no baloney. Just a great site to connect and tell some of the great stories about the crazy days at AWA. Its only been up a few days, and there are nearly 600 members.

Remember the green pens, the more care cart, the Scottsdale "flights", 708, Patches, Ashes, and Christine the Hangar Queen? Dusty days at DyneAir? The Half-Off Sale? Pumpkinheads, bad practical jokes on the Cross Brutalized? Flying the weed whackers, 747 stories, RESPECT, Thumbs Up (or down), Celeb Pax, watching the first 747 come to PHX, the infamous rally at the hangar, whatever happened to those Braniff A320's?, Mechanical Delay (LIVE), Flight 700 (deadhead hell), FSM's, On-board ticketing, the "short bus", Wanza "St. Louis", C numbers, P numbers, S numbers, R numbers, A numbers, polyester HNL uniforms, Fast Eddy, WARR, Freedom Bird.......and so much more....

Remember that day at America West Airlines when.....

A fun site for AWA employees, again, no politics, no BS, just a lot of people sharing the crazy fun we all had, back in the fun days.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah there was a tine when flight was fun. I never had a bad experience on HP prior to the merger. I was CO & US gold when I first started traveling for business and HP code shared with CO. Truth be told HP did a good job covering the places I needed to go.

I did get stuck in Sky Harbor the day that the FAA was about to ground them. That was probably the most surreal day in my travel life. Not in a bad way as I got where I was going, just a little late. It was weird. you could tell something was wrong but nobody was talking.

I also recall another time when an agent at EWR caught a mistake and saved my company just over $1,600.00 on that itinerary.

Truth is US and HP didn't have great reputations. However in fairness I NEVER missed a meeting with either!

UA, CO, DL can't make that claim with me

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah there was a tine when flight was fun. I never had a bad experience on HP prior to the merger. I was CO & US gold when I first started traveling for business and HP code shared with CO. Truth be told HP did a good job covering the places I needed to go.

I did get stuck in Sky Harbor the day that the FAA was about to ground them. That was probably the most surreal day in my travel life. Not in a bad way as I got where I was going, just a little late. It was weird. you could tell something was wrong but nobody was talking.

I also recall another time when an agent at EWR caught a mistake and saved my company just over $1,600.00 on that itinerary.

Truth is US and HP didn't have great reputations. However in fairness I NEVER missed a meeting with either!

UA, CO, DL can't make that claim with me

I hitched a few rides on HP when they had a hub in Columbus, Ohio. They were one of the first with entertainment at your seat if I recall. Not sure it ever worked the way it was suppose to but they were there. I think it was just games. Too long ago to recall I guess. Traveling used to be fun. Airlines were actually trying to win your business with service rather than giving away seats to gain market share. A different time indeed.