Republic/chaquanda (whatever)

WorldTraveler said:
The history of human civilization shows that once a particular line is crossed with regards to morality, the changes keep coming.
[post="278882"][/post]​
Yeah, once they started letting blacks and whites marry each other, all heck broke loose.

Bring back the good old days.

Stone 'em all. It's in the Bible somewhere.

WorldTraveler said:
4..  Finally, there is no documented evidence anywhere in any country that expanding gay rights improves society as a whole which is the goal of government. 
[post="278882"][/post]​

WorldTraveler,

There is such an incredible amount of ignorance in your statements that it's really hard to know where to begin. People at your level of stupidity and prejudice honestly make my head spin in disbelief.

In what way does discriminating against gays and lesbians work TOWARDS the common good in the country? And how is it that treating gays and lesbians equally would, in any way shape or form, work AGAINST the improvement of society? Is society better served by treating me differently from you and allowing me fewer rights and privileges because of my sexuality? How could that society be called just and fair?

And about this idea of society crossing some imaginary line of morality. Just who the hell do you think you are that you can tell me that my sexual orientation is the property of society and government to control? Huh? What do you base those judgments of "morality" on in the first place? For one thing, this is not a theocracy and we do not have a religious-based government, much as you and your right wing allies want it to be and are rapidly trying to turn it into. For another thing, even if it WAS a theocracy and you got your wish to have us ruled by religious edict, not all people of faith are going to agree on this topic.

But above all else, for you to debase the private sexual behavior of consenting adults (that really is what we're talking about here) and compare it to bestiality and pedophilia shows your true colors more than anything else you've said in this thread and is beyond stupid!

Personally, I couldn't possibly care less what you and your ilk think of me. What I DO care about is that you try to control me and my personal life when it has abso-freakin-lutely nothing to do with you at all and is none of your business! I simply do not understand this right wing obsession with homosexuality and I think it's high time you got a life of your own and stopped worrying so much about mine.

StewGuy86 said:
I personally think it's great that a company has a mission statement. But to inject religion into it? Why? What purpose does it serve? What about the employees who don't believe in God, or at the very least believe in a different God? What if this mission statement read that all were created in the image of Allah or in the image of the Buddha? How would you feel about it then? Do you not think such a statement by a company and employer would seem a bit out of place?

Far too many so-called "religious" people in this country want religion injected into every aspect of society.....but only as long as it's THEIR religion! Sounds a bit like the mentality of some Islamic Fundamentalist countries of the Middle East, if you ask me. :shock:
[post="278863"][/post]​

Religion is usually someone trying to control the masses, that I presume is why, as you say, 'so-called 'religious' people in this country want religion injected..."
In fact, a long time ago, some religious people were so religious that they hung someone on a cross. But there is a difference between religion and other man's creations and God
At the same time it is impossible to separate God from anything....including politics, school, morality, not only because he IS but also because of us being in his image [independent of whether we beleive it or not].

regards,

WorldTraveler said:
4..  Finally, there is no documented evidence anywhere in any country that expanding gay rights improves society as a whole which is the goal of government. 
[post="278882"][/post]​
As Stew Guy said there is so much nonsense in your post it is difficult to know where to start, so I didn't bother on the specifics. But I missed the above quote from you the first time through.

For evidence of how gay-friendly policies improves a community, check out this:

The "Creative Class"

Generally, it refers to how communities can improve themselves, economically and otherwise, by attracting talented and creative people, and making those people want to settle in that community. The more diverse and tolerant the community, the more it attracts these people, and the better positioned that community is for the future.

More specifically, there is a strong correlation between how successful a region is, and the number of gay people who have chosen to settle there. In fact, the author (who is not preaching some sort of "gay agenda," as you will see if you look at the link; the "gayness" issue is not his primary focus) has found such a strong correlation, he has created a "gay index" to show where these best communities are most likely to be:

"Gay Index" Map

So, how to attract these bright, talented, and well educated people? Hmmm, lets think. Would YOU choose to settle in a community that legislates against who you are, or would you choose perhaps to settle in a community that, say, prohibits discrimination in employment and housing against you and those important to you?

Also try this quiz, noting especially Question #1:

Creative Class Quiz

PineyBob said:
BTW you don't have to understand "this right wing obsession with homosexuality" what you need to do is respect the fact that some people have it. Do that and perhaps others will be more respectful of your choices & opinions. You want everybody to be sympathetic to your choices/orientation yet all you have done is lambast anyone that doesn't share your view.
[post="278906"][/post]​

Another one who misses the point. If you CHOOSE not to be accepting, or even tolerant, of gays and lesbians, then fine. But let it end there. I don't care if you don't like me or my orientation. What I demand, however, is that you don't codify your personal dislike/disapproval/distaste/whatever of homosexuality by trying to control my life because of it, which is precisely the case. My sexuality has absolutely no bearing on you and, as such, you shouldn't enact laws to try to restrict me or keep me from having the same legal privileges and/or protections that you have.

Furthermore, I will lambast anyone that thinks it's okay to interject their prejudices and ignorance into my bedroom by way of a law book.

:shock:
700UW said:
I think this thread has run its course, time to lock it up.
[post="278930"][/post]​
:cop: :cop: AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO CARES IF U WANNABE A POLE SMOKER I DON'T SO LETS MOVE ON TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!! :stupid: :eek:ff:

This has strayed from the original post topic so I will keep it open if you wish to continue discussion, but move it off the US board to Just Conversation.