Republicans to United: Screw You!

ITRADE

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
DCA/IAD US2
www.geocities.com
[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/4/2002 10:11:43 PM MrMarky wrote: [BR][BR]When you get down to the brass tacks, the ATSB vote was pure politics. Of the three ATSB Board members, two are Republicans, the representative of the Republican Treasury Secretary and the representative of the Republican Federal Reserve Board Chairman, both of whom turned a cold, heartless shoulder on United, its 86,000 employees, our national air transportation system and American prestige around the world. [BR][BR]The only vote in United's favor came from the representative of Transportation Secretary Norm Mineta, who is the only Democrat in the Bush cabinet, and arguably, the most knowledgeable regarding the airline industry, as Secretary of Transportation and having served many years in the Congress on the House Transportation Committee and its Aviation Subcommittee. [BR][BR]There is unfortunately very little surprise here, except of course for those at United who may have unwittingly cast their votes for the party of their executors, who have now taken them one step closer to the streets, and when they get there will do nothing to lend them a helping hand.[BR][BR]It is a sad day for United. It is a sad day for the United States of America.----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]You really need help on this one. If Greenspan was such a party hack, then why did Clinton keep him on for so many years? Nay, why did Clinton REAPPOINT him if he was such a partisan?[BR][BR]I'm sorry but the ATSB has taken a very hard line on the applications and has rejected applications from any number of sources - United, Spirit, National, Vanguard - just to name a few. Clearly, ATSB felt that the proposed plan was not worth justifying risking several billion in taxpayer money as a potential bailout. The pleasant attitudes displayed by the IAM must have done much to reinforce the ATSB's overall opinion.[BR][BR]

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/4/2002 10:11:43 PM MrMarky wrote: [BR][BR]When you get down to the brass tacks, the ATSB vote was pure politics. Of the three ATSB Board members, two are Republicans, the representative of the Republican Treasury Secretary and the representative of the Republican Federal Reserve Board Chairman, both of whom turned a cold, heartless shoulder on United, its 86,000 employees, our national air transportation system and American prestige around the world. [BR][BR]The only vote in United's favor came from the representative of Transportation Secretary Norm Mineta, who is the only Democrat in the Bush cabinet, and arguably, the most knowledgeable regarding the airline industry, as Secretary of Transportation and having served many years in the Congress on the House Transportation Committee and its Aviation Subcommittee. [BR][BR]There is unfortunately very little surprise here, except of course for those at United who may have unwittingly cast their votes for the party of their executors, who have now taken them one step closer to the streets, and when they get there will do nothing to lend them a helping hand.[BR][BR]It is a sad day for United. It is a sad day for the United States of America.----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]You really need help on this one. If Greenspan was such a party hack, then why did Clinton keep him on for so many years? Nay, why did Clinton REAPPOINT him if he was such a partisan?[BR][BR]I'm sorry but the ATSB has taken a very hard line on the applications and has rejected applications from any number of sources - United, Spirit, National, Vanguard - just to name a few. Clearly, ATSB felt that the proposed plan was not worth justifying risking several billion in taxpayer money as a potential bailout. The pleasant attitudes displayed by the IAM must have done much to reinforce the ATSB's overall opinion.[BR][BR]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/4/2002 10:28:54 PM Taipan wrote:
[P]You dont have to worry about me voting for Republicans I am the only Democrat in Texas [BR]Just for these reasons[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]You and Ann Richards.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/4/2002 10:28:54 PM Taipan wrote:
[P]You dont have to worry about me voting for Republicans I am the only Democrat in Texas [BR]Just for these reasons[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]You and Ann Richards.

When you get down to the brass tacks, the ATSB vote was pure politics. Of the three ATSB Board members, two are Republicans, the representative of the Republican Treasury Secretary and the representative of the Republican Federal Reserve Board Chairman, both of whom turned a cold, heartless shoulder on United, its 86,000 employees, our national air transportation system and American prestige around the world.
The only vote in United''s favor came from the representative of Transportation Secretary Norm Mineta, who is the only Democrat in the Bush cabinet, and arguably, the most knowledgeable regarding the airline industry, as Secretary of Transportation and having served many years in the Congress on the House Transportation Committee and its Aviation Subcommittee.
There is unfortunately very little surprise here, except of course for those at United who may have unwittingly cast their votes for the party of their executors, who have now taken them one step closer to the streets, and when they get there will do nothing to lend them a helping hand.
It is a sad day for United. It is a sad day for the United States of America.

Marky, perhaps one of the least intellectually honest posts you've made.

If you think UAL is worthy of YOUR tax dollars, please explain why.

Marky, perhaps one of the least intellectually honest posts you've made.

If you think UAL is worthy of YOUR tax dollars, please explain why.

If there is such a grand conspiracy then why did U get approval? I think this was done primarily on the merits. If UAL is losing $2B per year, you can't come back with $1B in cost savings. I really don't think 78 year old Alan Greenspan is given to political pressures.

If there is such a grand conspiracy then why did U get approval? I think this was done primarily on the merits. If UAL is losing $2B per year, you can't come back with $1B in cost savings. I really don't think 78 year old Alan Greenspan is given to political pressures.

You dont have to worry about me voting for Republicans I am the only Democrat in Texas

You dont have to worry about me voting for Republicans I am the only Democrat in Texas