Richmond Traffic

dscott12

Dec 28, 2004
I realize it's only been a few days since Air Tran has been flying into Richmond, but I was wondering if anyone had any information on how many people are flying them, and is Air Tran happy with the passenger count so far.

I keep hearing people talk about the air fare reduction due to the arrival of Air Tran, and then turn around and book their travel on US Air and Delta, at which time i remind them, if they dont Fly Air tran those lower fares will disappear as fast as they arrived!

I did my part and have booked three trips on Air Tran so far, I hope others begin to realize that is they dont at least book some of their travel on AirTran, they wont be in Richmond very Long! ;)

I appreciate the lower fares, but, sorry, as a regular traveler out of ORF I stuck with the majors as when there are flight issues they'll book me somewhere else. One ordeal with Southwest showed me the difference between USAir and Southwest. When a connection even looks "iffy" USAir will put me on Delta or Northwest out of ORF.

However, now I am in Richmond where there is no Southwest, only Airtran - is Airtran the same way? IS there no interline ticketing? If not I'll stick with the majors...

well, im afraid your right, it was my first flight on airtran, i arrive at the airport and am told that my plane is delayed an hour and a half and that i will not make my connection in atlanta back to richmond, so i was told i could fly to atlana and get a hotel at my expense, or stay in new orleans another night and leave the next morning, while i was ok staying in new orleans, i wasnt real happy that the eighty dollars in cab fare, and the additional $100 in hotel charges were all at my expense, no compensation was offered, after talking to a customer service rep, i was offered a $25 dollar discount on my next flight, but im still out the extra $200 i spent, so it appears that is there are "issues"" with flights you are stuck! without many options!

Heinrich said:
I appreciate the lower fares, but, sorry, as a regular traveler out of ORF I stuck with the majors as when there are flight issues they'll book me somewhere else. One ordeal with Southwest showed me the difference between USAir and Southwest. When a connection even looks "iffy" USAir will put me on Delta or Northwest out of ORF.

However, now I am in Richmond where there is no Southwest, only Airtran - is Airtran the same way? IS there no interline ticketing? If not I'll stick with the majors...
[post="286951"][/post]​

AirTran has interline agreements with most carriers--but not all. However, that doesn't mean that you will automatically get rerouted on another airline if there is a problem. I think most airlines are avoiding reroutes onto competitors, as the cost to do so is very high.