RIP JB

AvTech04

Senior
Oct 17, 2011
East Coast
We lost a good, fellow mechanic here in MCO. He was taken from us way ahead of his time and in the worst of ways. RIP buddy. It's a really sad time right now.

Son of man killed in home invasion says dad died 'to save my mom'
Story posted 2012.07.18 at 07:07 AM EDT
Family and friends are remembering an Orange County father who was shot and killed during a home invasion Wednesday morning in Union Park.
Investigators said five men burst into a home on Bridlewood Avenue, pistol-whipped a teen boy and then shot and killed his father, 50-year-old John Brennan.

According to the Orange County Sheriff's Office, the masked men kicked in the door to the house as the family slept. The men threatened Brennan’s wife, and they shot Brennan when he tried to defend her, authorities said.
“My dad went down just to save my mom,” said Brennan’s son, Ian, who was also home at the time of the invasion.
Detectives haven’t said whether they think the family was targeted or chosen at random.
"It's scary; it's two houses down. Nothing ever really happens around here," said a neighbor who did not want to be identified.

WFTV reporter Tim Barber spoke with a family friend who said Brennan had three children, John Jr., Karen and Ian.  Deputies said only Brennan, Ian and Brennan's wife were home during the incident.

Friends described Brennan as a great guy and father, who also was a Little League coach, and always had a smile on his face.
“He was a really fun guy, even though he could be an uptight guy, he was still my father and I could never replace him, even with anybody else,” said Ian. “I wish he was here right now."
"Always a good person, always funny, laughing. He's a good guy. I don't know why something like this would have to happen," said friend Italo Funiciello.

Another neighbor, who did not want to be identified, said he heard the shot.

"Around 4:15, I heard two sounds; one was a crash the second was a gunshot. Then, I heard footsteps. I looked out the window and I saw men getting in a silvery-gold sedan drive away at high speed," said the neighbor.

In the end, nothing was stolen, investigators said. The men fled after the shot.

A silver and green Nissan was seen fleeing the scene. Detectives collected fingerprints from the family car and canvassed the neighborhood, but no suspects have been identified.
Anyone with information regarding the case is encouraged to call Crimeline at 407-823-TIPS.

Story posted 2012.07.18 at 07:07 AM EDT

Latest posts