Rosemary's 'baby'...3 Years Late!

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
http://elliott.org/blog/

"Nice work, US Airways — It cost me two clients and almost certainly caused ailing US Airways more embarrassment than it bargained for. But now, at last, the Rosemary Daly case is solved — once and for all. The airline yesterday sent the passenger $1,000 worth of vouchers. "I guess they thought I'd be on TV next, talking about my troubles," she told me. But I don't think it was the threat of more bad publicity that led to this resolution as much as it was that Daly's complaint was legitimate. Once US Airways realized that, it did the right thing."

So, why did it take Chris Chiames actually emailing and talking to Rosemary - 3 years late - to solve this mess? This incident occured under the Wolfman's regime, but why did it take a whole bunch of bad press to resolve? Then Chiames calls USA TODAY and whines about the journalist. Then the journalist is fired. Then Chiames calls National Public Radio to try and get the same journalist fired, they didn't buy it. Seems Chiames has a personal vendetta going on here and the company is paying for it in bad press. Maybe Chiames should go work for Wal-Mart.

PineyBob it is documented. The truth is coming out Piney and you'll be wondering why on earth you are defending this guy. What's with you anyway? You're all over the place on this board. You say you support the employees then you berate them if they disagree with management. You keep preaching this open mind to new management ideas yet you are so blind to facts of US Airways' management ineptitude. You can't play both sides of the fence here. You're beginning to sound like a management shill. Or is this PineyBob identity a facade?

EyeInTheSky said:
PineyBob it is documented. The truth is coming out Piney and you'll be wondering why on earth you are defending this guy. What's with you anyway? You're all over the place on this board. You say you support the employees then you berate them if they disagree with management. You keep preaching this open mind to new management ideas yet you are so blind to facts of US Airways' management ineptitude. You can't play both sides of the fence here. You're beginning to sound like a management shill. Or is this PineyBob identity a facade?
Been lurking for some time, eh Eye?

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" said the Wizard of Oz.

PineyBob, there is proof, you just refuse to believe it. I find your rant about absenteeism and the super bowl amusing. If you think the sick calls were bad a week ago, you won't believe the numbers if the Philadelphia Eagles get in the Super Bowl. It will be a real sickfest then. The jury is still out for you? Hello! In the dictionary right next to the word 'mismanagement' is a picture of David Siegel. If he isn't removed from this company soon, I'd cash in my frequent flier miles if I were you. The way things are going I don't give this company more than a 25% chance of survival. Sad but true.

Eyeinsky if Dave gets booted I think the odds go up to 75 percent chance of survival. After this public fiasco with Christopher Elliott I certainly hope Chiames is on the chopping block. I can't believe how much damage he's caused. He's bad for US and must go.

PineyBob I understand where you are coming from. Understand the employees have just had it. We just can't take it anymore.

seeking the truth said:
aaaahhhhh,
seekingthetruth either you have Monica Lewinsky under your desk or you just hit the enter button too quick or both? Care to elaborate on the aaahhh??

aaaahhhh,

The infamous Chris Chiames judge this man from his previous postings. For those who are interested and maybe don't know how, go to access view members. At bottom of page click on name begins with and enter Andy S . Click on his name then find all posts by this member. Scroll down to the postings dated Jan 6 2003, there is a dialogue between andy and us airways inc. aka Chris Chiames. Then look at member us airways inc. response to pitguy dated jan 5 2003 and read us airways inc response to pitguys question. Then judge for yourself who has integrity.

Will management heed or continue to bleed !!!!!!

Hello, Flying Hippie,

i have to answer yes on both accounts the former led to the latter. But don't worry unlike Bill I destroyed the evidence !!!!!

Have a good one

Will management heed or continue to bleed ?????

A lil birdie told me some folks are burning sick time since they figure they will not have a job very soon. Use it or lose it they say.

-- They earned the sick time. Now they need mental health days so I am told. They are only burning what they have. Kinda like cashing in an insurance policy. Maybe they are using that time to look for another job. Like it or not it is “Nature of the Beastâ€￾. I don't know if it is true, but who could blame them.

THE COMPANY BREAKS THE RULES ALL THE TIME. WHY SHOULD THE POOR SHORT TERM EMPLOYEES PLAY BY THEM?

Piney you can not fight the world and win. Once a person just decides to give up and just go through the motions and do a little 'rape, plunder, and pillaging' for themselves it makes their day a little better. Remember this is the funeral that seams to never end. Eventually one comes through the shock and realize the saying about "you can lead a horse to water , but you can't make him drink" is very true. Maybe 'they' will realize it to. In the mean time alot of people here do it to survive. I can not say it is right, but I do understand why they do it.

pitguy said:
A lil birdie told me some folks are burning sick time since they figure they will not have a job very soon. Use it or lose it they say.

-- They earned the sick time. Now they need mental health days so I am told. They are only burning what they have. Kinda like cashing in an insurance policy. Maybe they are using that time to look for another job. Like it or not it is “Nature of the Beastâ€￾. I don't know if it is true, but who could blame them.

THE COMPANY BREAKS THE RULES ALL THE TIME. WHY SHOULD THE POOR SHORT TERM EMPLOYEES PLAY BY THEM?
Integrity.

A320 Driver

Latest posts

Back