delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
Well looky here.......

Dan Bongino to replace Rush Limbaugh…

bongino-4.jpg

Cumulus Media and Westwood One have agreed to terms with conservative commentator Dan Bongino to host a daily three-hour show from 12-3pm eastern.

Bongino currently hosts a daily podcast for Westwood One that since March 2020 has been repurposed into a one-hour syndicated show on over 100 stations including 790 KABC Los Angeles and 560 KSFO San Francisco.

The new show would air live in the timeslot currently held by Limbaugh on many if not all Cumulus owned Conservative Talk and News Talk stations.

Bongino is a former NYPD officer and Secret Service agent turned conservative pundit and investor in digital properties including Parler and Rumble. He has previously served as a fill-in host at WMAL Washington and WBAL Baltimore and multiple syndicated talkers including Sean Hannity.

An official announcement should be forthcoming by early next week.

Well looky here.......

Dan Bongino to replace Rush Limbaugh…

bongino-4.jpg

Cumulus Media and Westwood One have agreed to terms with conservative commentator Dan Bongino to host a daily three-hour show from 12-3pm eastern.

Bongino currently hosts a daily podcast for Westwood One that since March 2020 has been repurposed into a one-hour syndicated show on over 100 stations including 790 KABC Los Angeles and 560 KSFO San Francisco.

The new show would air live in the timeslot currently held by Limbaugh on many if not all Cumulus owned Conservative Talk and News Talk stations.

Bongino is a former NYPD officer and Secret Service agent turned conservative pundit and investor in digital properties including Parler and Rumble. He has previously served as a fill-in host at WMAL Washington and WBAL Baltimore and multiple syndicated talkers including Sean Hannity.

An official announcement should be forthcoming by early next week.

YOu know, I despised LImbaugh, but he was very unique. And there is already a plethora of right wing pundits...he's just another voice in the crowd.

YOu know, I despised LImbaugh, but he was very unique. And there is already a plethora of right wing pundits...he's just another voice in the crowd.

You're right about EL-RUSHBO' being Unique.

He was a Unique LIAR. This NEW MORON will just be a Regular LIAR.

As for HANNITY, well I ABSOLUTELY WORSHIP-the-Ground, that he has COMING to HIM !!!!!!!!!!!

Read the fine print, folks... Bongino will replace Limbaugh's show on Cumulus Media stations only. They're the third largest conglomeration of radio stations in the US, after iHeartMedia and Entercom (aka Radio.com, which used to be Infinity and CBS Radio). Also sounds like Cumulus was tape delaying Rush to the 1200-1500 slot, so while going to a live show is a big change for them, it's still not going to be a 1:1 replacement nor is it going to fill the morning prime gap left by Limbaugh. Almost nobody wanted to go up against him...

Neither Entercom or iHeart have hinted who they plan to offer in the morning prime time. I suspect who iHeart will push, but don't know where Entercom will fall.

Limbaugh's show was distributed by Premiere Networks (owned by iHeart), and they've only committed to a 90 day continuation of the show, so it is just a matter of time before they turn the mic off for good. Days, weeks, months, who knows, but it was part of the plan they came up with when Rush's diagnosis came out. As much as I like the guest hosts they rotate in/out, they're subs. None of them have the staying power to keep a show going.

Glenn Beck's the only other serious daytime show carried nationwide over the past couple years, and Premiere also carries that as part of their portfolio (even though Blaze/Mercury produce it). I'd assume they will push to have his show take over the morning slot on iHeart properties. A good number of iHeart stations already carried both Beck and Rush (with Beck on tape delay). They've got enough other shows to backfill where Beck was on tape delay, including Joe Pags, Buck Sexton and Sean Hannity, but I can't see any of them moving from an afternoon format.

Side note, I got to meet Beck about two years ago at an event he was doing for Heartland Institute. Very captivating speaker outside of radio/TV. Up against Bongino, I'll put my money on Beck.

Last edited: