S-1327 Lott, One down two to go!

Bob Owens

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
Now that Trent Lott has stepped on his privates more than likely one of the three sponsors of S-1327 will (politically)soon be history. McCain and Burns will hopefully be next.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/17/2002 2:36:34 PM Bob Owens wrote:

Now that Trent Lott has stepped on his privates more than likely one of the three sponsors of S-1327 will (politically)soon be history. McCain and Burns will hopefully be next.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Not sure what S-1327 is, but if Bob is against it, it must be good for consumers. I hope it sticks.

First Jim Jeffords stabs the GOP, right between the eye's,
then
Good ol' boy(#1 SH*T Kicker in the gop senate)makes the GRANDEST of freudian slips.
and
Hopefully ol' Trent follow's thru with his threat to fight to the finish, which means if he keeps his word, he'll quit altogether, which will enable Mississippi's DEMOCRATIC governor to appoint a DEMOCRAT in ol' trent's place, which will make the Senate 50/50.
What a fun time to be a DEMOCRAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

ps.
What's #1 "okie" Don Nickles using for fire power ?
His "squirrel gun", or an AK-47 ???????????

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/17/2002 6:55:50 PM Rational Thought wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/17/2002 2:36:34 PM Bob Owens wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

Not sure what S-1327 is, but if Bob is against it, it must be good for consumers. I hope it sticks.
----------------
[/blockquote]

What's worse for consumers, a strike where you get 30 days notice ahead of time or a "Summer from Hell" like UA experienced two years ago? The denial of rights can only lead to uprisings in whatever forms are available. Pilots and mechanics can do just as much damage to the bottom line without going on strike but its unfortunate that the flying public ends of bearing the brunt of it without even knowing whats going on.

Does anyone out there beleive that Trent beleives in Affirmative Action? Oh the tangled web we weave when we seek to deceive, this one belongs right next to "I did not have sex with that woman".

As far as the shift in power if he should resign I'd rather not see it. Let the Republicans continue to reveal their hand. They have strung the Conservatives, especially the Religious Right, along for years (similar to the way the Democrats have strung along labor) and now they no longer have any excuses as to why they dont deliver. So far they have only played up to their Big Business, wealthy constituancy. They are the only ones who have benifited in any real way from the Republican Hegemony. With their "Homeland Security Act" they will alienate true patriots who beleive that the Bill of Rights is sacred. Its Tax the poor and spend on the rich policies and laws like S-1327 will even leave their Libertarian allies who dont want anyone to pay taxes and abhore government intervention in the private sector bewildered. Their attack on Pensions and Social Security will alienate their biggest constituancy, older workers, the old Reagan Democrats, who stand to lose thousands of dollars a year and can look forward to eating dog food in their golden years so Bush and his cronies can gather even more millions for themselves. Recent crime reports show that crime is on the rise. Unemployment continues to rise. Good paying jobs continue to be shipped out while those that remain go to HB-1B visa holders that are shipped in. Yes a fine job indeed Bush and company are doing for our Nation. Hey where is Osama Bin Laden? Anybody remember him? The guy that attacked NY and DC. Jerry Falwell said that it was Gods work because of all the homo's and liberals in NY. I'm sure Jesus would be proud that that man tells everyone that he is his messenger, as he rakes in his millions. I think old Jerry has more in common with Osama than Jesus. What's the next diversion? A US lead coup d'etat in Venezuala? Grenada II? I had to laugh when the Media reported on the strike against the government and showed a mass march of pro-government demonstrators. First we will take over Venezuala, then Iraq, so Bush's buddies will have more control over oil prices, but we will still be paying $1.65 for a gallon of gas, and being told to take pay cut while those at the top continue to get bonuses.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/18/2002 4:59:08 PM Bob Owens wrote:
As far as the shift in power if he should resign I'd rather not see it. Let the Republicans continue to reveal their hand. They have strung the Conservatives, especially the Religious Right, along for years (similar to the way the Democrats have strung along labor) and now they no longer have any excuses as to why they dont deliver. So far they have only played up to their Big Business, wealthy constituancy. They are the only ones who have benifited in any real way from the Republican Hegemony. With their "Homeland Security Act" they will alienate true patriots who beleive that the Bill of Rights is sacred. Its Tax the poor and spend on the rich policies and laws like S-1327 will even leave their Libertarian allies who dont want anyone to pay taxes and abhore government intervention in the private sector bewildered. Their attack on Pensions and Social Security will alienate their biggest constituancy, older workers, the old Reagan Democrats, who stand to lose thousands of dollars a year and can look forward to eating dog food in their golden years so Bush and his cronies can gather even more millions for themselves. Recent crime reports show that crime is on the rise. Unemployment continues to rise. Good paying jobs continue to be shipped out while those that remain go to HB-1B visa holders that are shipped in. Yes a fine job indeed Bush and company are doing for our Nation. Hey where is Osama Bin Laden? Anybody remember him? The guy that attacked NY and DC. Jerry Falwell said that it was Gods work because of all the homo's and liberals in NY. I'm sure Jesus would be proud that that man tells everyone that he is his messenger, as he rakes in his millions. I think old Jerry has more in common with Osama than Jesus. What's the next diversion? A US lead coup d'etat in Venezuala? Grenada II? I had to laugh when the Media reported on the strike against the government and showed a mass march of pro-government demonstrators. First we will take over Venezuala, then Iraq, so Bush's buddies will have more control over oil prices, but we will still be paying $1.65 for a gallon of gas, and being told to take pay cut while those at the top continue to get bonuses.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Is this a rant or Barbara Streisand lyrics?

[blockquote]
----------------

What's worse for consumers, a strike where you get 30 days notice ahead of time or a "Summer from Hell" like UA experienced two years ago? The denial of rights can only lead to uprisings in whatever forms are available. Pilots and mechanics can do just as much damage to the bottom line without going on strike but its unfortunate that the flying public ends of bearing the brunt of it without even knowing whats going on.

----------------
[/blockquote]

So in essence you now admit that S-1327 does not leave union labor powerless?

And we could actually still get a paycheck while causing the chaos instead of conducting a scheduled disruption without pay?

What the hell are you so wound up about then?

Oh that's right, it is not about reality, it's about blaming someone else for labor's weakness and failures.

Get a life pal.

Connected1,
YES it IS a rant.
BUT,
It's also "the friggin' TRUTH " !!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

If you start early, you'll get a good spot, to see the swearing-in ceremony, in DCA, on 1/20/04, for

President-----------JOHN KERRY (D-Mass.)
and
Vice President------John Edwards (D- NC.)

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/19/2002 3:20:23 AM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

Connected1,
YES it IS a rant.
BUT,
It's also "the friggin' TRUTH " !!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

If you start early, you'll get a good spot, to see the swearing-in ceremony, in DCA, on 1/20/04, for

President-----------JOHN KERRY (D-Mass.)
and
Vice President------John Edwards (D- NC.)
----------------
[/blockquote]

Its about time we put someone back in the White House that doesnt wear Cowboy boots and talk funny, although dem Bostonians aint quite got duh tawkin right eeder, batta bing!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/18/2002 7:48:47 PM RV4 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

So in essence you now admit that S-1327 does not leave union labor powerless?

And we could actually still get a paycheck while causing the chaos instead of conducting a scheduled disruption without pay?

What the hell are you so wound up about then?

Oh that's right, it is not about reality, it's about blaming someone else for labor's weakness and failures.

Get a life pal.
----------------
[/blockquote]

How much Chaos could you cause from the welding shop in Tulsa? Once again you leave it up to the mechanics in the high cost areas to do the fighting so you can live like a king in Tule. Just like the AMFA drive, they collected all the cards while you complained about how dumb your coworkers are, meanwhile you could not even get half the guys to sign cards.
I'd rather have an up front strike than a dirty war. With a strike the passengers get 30 days notice to make alternate travel arrangements and don’t unknowingly step into the middle of a fight that they were unaware of.

Go ahead Dave; keep telling us how the Republicans can do no wrong. I've never heard you criticize them despite the PEBs, S-1327, and now Bush's sign off on allowing companies to do away with defined benefit pensions. Oh but that’s all labors fault for not stopping them right? But aren’t you the one who believes that Labor should stay out of politics? Aren’t you in favor of even restricting labors ability to distribute COPE dollars? "Just negotiate contracts, which are legal documents but don’t pay any attention to how laws can affect those agreements". Isnt that the formula that big business uses? Not quite, Big Business outspends labor 11 to 1.I agree that money should not be the key to politics but unfortunately money means just as much, if not more than ballotts. I cant understand the mentality of people who cast their votes for people like Bush, but then blame labor for "allowing" him to do what he does? Who really bears the blame; the organizations that lack the resources to stop him or the people who gave him their vote?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/18/2002 8:33:07 PM Connected1 wrote:

[/blockquote]
Is this a rant or Barbara Streisand lyrics?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Its a rant! Dave will provide the rave.