Sahara Hires Former United Air Head Rono Dutta

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Sahara hires former United Airlines head Rono Dutta

Dutta was responsible for key moves by United including its merger with US Airways

SAHARA (Business Standard) - Air Sahara has hired Rono Dutta, the former president of American giant United Airlines, as an advisor for its future expansion plans both in India and internationally.

See Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

What I find as more important to know is this. How does a person wear so many hats and expect to be focused on one particular problem with great attention to exact details?

This guy was recruited by the RSA as an advisor..and he's also a BOD member with U. So how can he divide his time and still offer U his best efforts?

U frowns on...or stipulates constraint on outside employment...and certainly on areas that may present a possible conflict of interest....working for another carrier regardless of geographical distances or differences certainly presents a case..I know it would be in my capacity with an un-named carrier of interest.

USA320Pilot said:
Rono Dutta is doing more at US Airways than advising RSA & sitting on the board.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
You have missed the point USA320 !!....but I love the subversive manner in which you try to deliver your mind-numbing message as usual.

The point with Rono Dutta is.... WE are not getting what WE are paying for...if his attentions , efforts and focus is not on USAirways as it should be.

The Employee's here are held to a standard regarding outside interests....and By GOD those whom shape the direction of this company should be too !!! Maybe even more so , in light of what kind of shape we are in...not to mention the challenges we continue to face.

He's not working on a UCT with United, unless it involves "advising" Bronner as to what exact pieces UA coveted the last time, so that Bronner can adjust the price and expectation of price during the fire sale in order to maximize his investment.

BOD members rarely participate in the day-to-day operations of a company. Normally, they are executives from other, non-competing firms or other notable figures. Rarely would you expect them to really do more than advise and oversee a company's executive management.

Finish or Ignore said:
The point with Rono Dutta is.... WE are not getting what WE are paying for...if his attentions , efforts and focus is not on USAirways as it should be.

Is this something new from the US board?
unless this dutta guy has the written consent of the company?? then he is in violation of the company " business conduct and ethicsa
policy handbook page 9 paragraph 2!! If thisa is left unchecked I might have to take publicity of this mattr\er into my own hands, including the general media!!