Save Blm

Merc

Jul 8, 2004
There is an Airport in NJ that is in need of some serious help and I wonder if anybody in the forum has ever flown into it:

KBLM known as Monmouth Executive or for those that haven't flown there recently, Allaire airport is in the clutches of an airport manager who has consistently caused trouble for the businesses and FBO's that try to operate out of there.

As a GA pilot I can recall 3 times within the last month where I have flown into BLM to see that the manager has shut down or reduced the length of BLM's 7200 foot runway.

I am told that this is all due to his personal vendetta against an FBO on the feild, Columbia, which is the only FBO on the field with fuel. Due to BLM's close location to NYC and it's 7200 foot long runway it has become a favorite stop for larger GA aircraft to stop in and get Jet-A. The airport owner, known to all as Mr. Brown, has a contract with Columbia allowing them use of the fuel farms however this contract was inked out before BLM became a big stop for larger bizjets. Now in an effort to discourage Columbia Mr. Brown reduced runway lenght to prevent larger aircraft from landing and using Columbia's facilities.

It gets worse!

After making a plea to state government to interviene in the matter Mr Brown restored runway length but decided to start construction near Columbia's fuel farm... cutting off their supply.

The worst of it is that this is in no way the only thing that he has done.... he has much more.... to much to elaborate on in this post.

If you have a story about an BLM or if you have a story about an airport owner who is causing more harm than good to his or her airport and the businesses that rely on it for survival... please leave a post

and here's to many happy landings