Scab Hotels Cost NWA Big $$$

Here is a cpy of a letter written by a NW employee to Steenland. This should say it all. Now with the many law suits filed for insider trading against current and FORMER NWA top management......... How Nice! :up:

November 11, 2005

Mr. Doug Steenland
President and CEO
Northwest Airlines, Inc.
5101 Northwest Drive
Eagan, MN, 55111

Dear Mr. Steenland,

As a Northwest Airlines employee and active union member for over 20 years, I am concerned for the well-being of my co-workers, and the future of Northwest Airlines. Therefore, I am compelled to convey to the anger, frustration, mistrust and injustice I am feeling.

In the St. Paul Pioneer Press business section dated October, 13 2005, the front page article addressed the fact that Northwest Airlines needs to clear the way to slash its labor costs by some $1.4 billion annually. This article states that Northwest Airlines argues that its employee pay and benefits are far richer than its rivals. It has a graph which shows the average earnings per employee are between $65,000 and $70,000 per year.

I am not sure which of the employee groups Northwest is referring to in this article, but I can assure you that these amounts do not accurately reflect the earnings of any of the work groups that I am familiar with. In 1989 a topped out Level A clerical employee was earning $11.95 per hour; today they earn $14.18. With the 19% pay cuts that Northwest plans to impose, the same clerical employee will be earning $11.49, a decrease of $0.46 per hour in 1989. A topped out reservation sales agent made $16.13 per hour in 1989. Today, at $20.14 per hour, a 19% pay cut will bring their hourly wage down to $16.31, or an increase of just $0.18 over the last 16 years.

On top of this, we are now being asked to pay 25% of our medical costs with increased deductibles and co-pays. We are being charged for the privilege to fly on one of our aircraft. You want to reduce our sick pay by 75%, take away our sick accruals, reduce our vacation and holidays, and one can only guess what you will end up doing with our pensions.

Many of the employees I have worked with have small children and daycare expenses. In the majority of these cases it will cost them more to work here then they will earn. How do you suppose they will feed their families?
Southwest Airlines, one of our known rivals, pays their reservation sales agents $24.00 per hour, offers more holidays and only a 2% contribution to their medical plan. Southwest Airlines has been a profitable rival carrier for many years and they pay their employees a livable wage and decent benefits.

In checking with sources such as U.S. Department of Transportation and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, I found that in salary, bonuses, restricted stock and other long term incentive payments, your earnings have increased from $2,228,203 in 2002 to $4,421,480 in 2004. Southwest, Jet Blue and even American Airlines CEO’s salaries are all below $700,000 per year.

According to these facts, it looks like to only high labor costs that are far richer then its rivals would be those of you and your upper Management Team. I would like to challenge you and your expert upper Management Team to lead the way, show us how easy it is. For the next five years, you lower your salary to what you were earning in 1989.

WE ARE NOT THE PROBLEM!

You have said that in order to retain the expertise of your upper Management Team of 40 that you must pay them accordingly. If they are such experts why do you need 40 of them? If they are such experts, how did Northwest Airlines end up in bankruptcy? You have placed blame on 9/11, SARS, the war, the hurricane, and the soaring cost of fuel. Personally, I believe these excuses to be nothing but a lot of unethical corporate corruption. Each of us as individuals has been touched by each of the unfortunate events in some way or another. We are still expected to pay our debts and so should Northwest Airlines.

Southwest Airlines upper management has the foresight to hedge on fuel prices. Northwest did not! Southwest is profitable. Northwest is not! Yet you want to reward your upper Management Team for their lack of expertise at the expense of dedicated employees who gave concessions in the early 1990s in exchange for stock options that you and your upper Management Team has since stolen from us.

We are not just an employee number, we are real people, human beings that have worked for this company for 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, and in some cases even more then 40 years! These are the employees that have been committed to this company and they are the employees that deserve to be paid a fair wage for a day’s work.

excellent and nice letter! very well said. good luck to all of you unionized employees. iw ish you all the best of luck and a happy holiday.

• Banned
He may have his right now, but with the pending personal insider trading law suits against him, he just may get his!

One can only hope!
Hopefully the rest of the Scab Air upper management will be included in these charges.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051220/20051220005803.html?.v=1 :up: :up: :up: :up:

Back on topic, are the scab hotels still being paid? By who? Scab Air reneged on its hotel bills as we know.... suckers.

Will the scab contingent here care to comment?

So PTO what are you gonna do with your scabbing money? You gonna sell your single wide trailer for a repoed doublewide? Since your soooo rich now after helping NWA destroy the AMT profession, are you gonna trade in your 1986 Hyundai Excel for a 1996 Kia Sephia? Are you going to get all those rotted teeth pulled out of your scabby mouth? Are you going to go to the Goodwill store and pick up some used clothes to replace your present "wardrobe" (the clothes with the scab patches on them)? I'll bet you've already been to the hock shop to buy a used "no name" chinese tool set to replace your NWA airlines scab tools.
know this post was directed to PTO, but since I also am a contractor, I thought I might make this comment:
I live in a 3400 sq ft victorian on 9 acres.
I drive a 98 dodge ram 4x4
I have all my teeth except one that shattered while ascending from a 120 ft dive in a cave in florida.
my wardrobe consists mostley of levi 501's and button up shirts
My tools, mostley Snap-on, are probably worth about 10 grand.
I am assuming miss kitty was attempting to stereotype all contractors as poor ignorent white trash. I'm willing to venture a guess that that is true for about 20 percent of us. As Im sure about 20 percent of unionists are lazy slugs with mob ties. 20 percent seems to be the magic number for all scewed up people of any group.
But on the other hand, perhaps miss kitty knows pto personally, and can vouch for his lack of dental hygene.

Hopefully the rest of the Scab Air upper management will be included in these charges.
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051220/20051220005803.html?.v=1 :up: :up: :up: :up:
Back on topic, are the scab hotels still being paid? By who? Scab Air reneged on its hotel bills as we know.... suckers.
Will the scab contingent here care to comment?

I do not know if they are being paid for not and frankly do not care. The Raddisson in Az. tried to stiff me for a bill that had already been paid. I would be willing to bet that they did screw over other guys.

As far as NWA stock goes they just need to hang on to it. It will go back up. I have my 9,862 shares. :up:

NWA stock is as worthless as DAL. the stock wont be good once NWA emerges from CH11 and that is a huge if

Hey Scab,

You pissed away a lot of money when you bought the NW stock. When and if NW emerges fr bankruptcy the new stock will trade under a new symbol and the old stock will be worthless.

Slick move opportunist!

know this post was directed to PTO, but since I also am a contractor, I thought I might make this comment:
I have all my teeth except one that shattered while ascending from a 120 ft dive in a cave in florida.
I am assuming miss kitty was attempting to stereotype all contractors as poor ignorent white trash. I'm willing to venture a guess that that is true for about 20 percent of us. As Im sure about 20 percent of unionists are lazy slugs with mob ties. 20 percent seems to be the magic number for all scewed up people of any group.
But on the other hand, perhaps miss kitty knows pto personally, and can vouch for his lack of dental hygene.
When did this turn in to a sigles site?

• Banned

If your a mechanic at NWA, then your a scab, period. I have a few friends that are MRO employees, and they are good guys. However they will not touch any Scab Air junk. The know that what happens at the majors, trickles down to them.

I do not know if they are being paid for not and frankly do not care. The Raddisson in Az. tried to stiff me for a bill that had already been paid. I would be willing to bet that they did screw over other guys.

As far as NWA stock goes they just need to hang on to it. It will go back up. I have my 9,862 shares. :up:
All about me,me,me aren't you 'Cods? Don't you care about Scab Air not paying its bills? You should. Your next. :up:

Your 9862 shares are nearly worthless. :up:

Hey Scab,

You pissed away a lot of money when you bought the NW stock. When and if NW emerges fr bankruptcy the new stock will trade under a new symbol and the old stock will be worthless.

Yes indeed there is the chance of the K-mart ticker symbol switch-a-roo. It is a gamble but one that will pay off if NWA makes this restructuring work with no symbol change. So what if I piss off a few thousand dollars, I still have a job. The problem with you guys you want everything in life guaranteed. BTW I'm only a few cents away from doubling my money. Worthless is a matter of opinion.

Contract Aviation mechanics used to be a mostly good ethical people,until it seems the early 1980's strike at Continental and the Eastern Strike in 1989. Since then it has been going downhill because of the "ME,MYSELF,and I" way of thinking. Contractors before then would never consider scabbing, because they knew the mechanics at the airlines set the wage and benefit standards of the industry. If your a contractor and you've never worked struck work,my post doesn't apply to you. If your scabbing for NWA, then my post does apply to you,for you are the scum of the earth! I used to work with contractors at Dalfort. Some of them were good people,and some of them were bad. The bad ones like PTO proudly announced they were going to Miami and Atlanta to scab for Lorenzo,when Eastern went on strike in 1989. They had no morals or ethics of any kind. The bad ones usually had a drug or alcohol habit to feed as there was no drug testing back then. We had contractors who came into Dalfort who would work there for a couple of days just to get gas money to get to their next contract. Most of the good contractors we had later found employment with Dalfort(a union shop at the time by the way). If you're scabbing for NWA, Don't you realize that you are cutting your own throat and destroying what remains of the once proud AMT profession?!

PTO will never learn. The old stock is now worthless. It was worthless the second NWA filed CH11! I wonder if anyone knows when PTO is ever going to grow up and learn or just fizzle around with a wrench and screw driver.

PTO will never learn. The old stock is now worthless. It was worthless the second NWA filed CH11! I wonder if anyone knows when PTO is ever going to grow up and learn or just fizzle around with a wrench and screw driver.

If anyone cares to follow NWA in court the site listed contains all court documents and any claims filed against NWA. Also the rulings of the Judge in all matters.

http://www.bsillc.com

Back