SCAB NFL Referee's start season

Glenn Quagmire

Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
Officials: NFL planned lockout instead of negotiating

Scott Green, the president of the NFLRA, knocked the NFL by saying "lockout seems to be their negotiating strategy with everyone."
ZUMAPRESS.com
NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL's on-field officials say the league is paying lip service to player safety by contacting replacement officials.
They also believe the NFL planned to lock them out rather than negotiate a new contract. Members of the NFL Referees Association were locked out June 3 after talks broke down.
NFLRA President Scott Green and past president Ed Hochuli, both current referees, said Wednesday the NFL is jeopardizing the safety of the players, as well as the integrity of the game, by considering using officials they feel are unqualified. None of those officials will come from the top college division because they all are barred from accepting NFL jobs by the colleges, Green said.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/07/18/nfl-referees-lockout.ap/index.html#ixzz23HsNoPlU

Looks like we will have scab ref's until they screw up a big call and someone gets hurt or the game turns on a big call. I won't comment on their salary or disagreement as I don't know all the issues.

Looks like we will have scab ref's until they screw up a big call and someone gets hurt or the game turns on a big call. I won't comment on their salary or disagreement as I don't know all the issues.
How many of the union faithful will even notice, let alone honor their picket line? I suspect zero.

Reactions: 1 person
Good point. I am a season ticket holder and I have not, and will not be attending until it is settled.

Another good point. Aren't they AFL-CIO?

BTW, the SCAB Sean Peyton gets to sit out and watch the scab referees.

I see that now Scott Walker even supports bringing back the Union Referees after the Seahawks/Packers debacle last night. I guess it is ok like union workers when it is your team?

The call also found its way into Wisconsin politics, with Republican Gov. Scott Walker tweeting for the regular officials to return. Opponents noted that he seemed to be supporting the referees union after going after public employee unions last year

Link

Reactions: 1 person
right or wrong I have trouble looking at these refs as union "brothers" certainly in a blue collar sense anyway.
I mean these guys work roughly 16 to 20 weekends a year and make what a 150k a year?
plus in their real job most are bankers, lawyers and management of every sort.

that being said I sure wish they would get the real refs back, last night was pitiful hell the whole weekend was a damn fiasco.

Latest posts