September FA Attrition

FWIW...

I usually post the actual attrition numbers with some interesting (well, to me) statistics as soon as they are posted to the Flight Service website. Well, here it is, 28OCT, the numbers for September have not yet been posted. I even sent an inquiry. No response.

After all, the information would be of interest mostly (or only) to flight attendants. Therefore, posting it is a LOW priority activity.

FWIW...

I usually post the actual attrition numbers with some interesting (well, to me) statistics as soon as they are posted to the Flight Service website.
At least you get a posting in your department. In M&E, we can't get a systemwide recall list or an attrition list, it's top secret info. :down:

I happened to look at our base roster (current for October) this morning. Four more people junior to me have either quit or transferred. I should have kept a list so that I could determine which.

In September, I was the 19th most junior f/a in St. Louis. According to the October list, I am the 15th most junior. All of the people that quit in September that I knew about were all senior to me.

Also, when I was recalled in November, 2004, there were approximately 425 or 450 f/as junior to me systemwide (all recalled at the same time.) As of this month, the most junior active f/a is only 312 numbers junior to me.

Now for a little whine...
It looks as if I will not live long enough to get transferred back to DFW where I live. However, according to their base roster there are 15 f/as junior to me based at DFW. In fact, every single base has at least 5 people junior to me. That hardship transfer is a wonderful thing.

Now, before you all get your knickers in a twist, I KNOW that there are valid hardship transfers. A friend of mine got one last year. His father had a heart attack and his mother has Alzheimer's. He has no siblings or close relatives living in the that area.

I also know of a f/a who got a hardship transfer to LAX when the only "real" reason for the transfer was that his boyfriend WANTED to live in LA. Having an "in" at Useless Blvd goes a long way.

I happened to look at our base roster (current for October) this morning. Four more people junior to me have either quit or transferred. I should have kept a list so that I could determine which.

In September, I was the 19th most junior f/a in St. Louis. According to the October list, I am the 15th most junior. All of the people that quit in September that I knew about were all senior to me.

Also, when I was recalled in November, 2004, there were approximately 425 or 450 f/as junior to me systemwide (all recalled at the same time.) As of this month, the most junior active f/a is only 312 numbers junior to me.

Now for a little whine...
It looks as if I will not live long enough to get transferred back to DFW where I live. However, according to their base roster there are 15 f/as junior to me based at DFW. In fact, every single base has at least 5 people junior to me. That hardship transfer is a wonderful thing.

Now, before you all get your knickers in a twist, I KNOW that there are valid hardship transfers. A friend of mine got one last year. His father had a heart attack and his mother has Alzheimer's. He has no siblings or close relatives living in the that area.

I also know of a f/a who got a hardship transfer to LAX when the only "real" reason for the transfer was that his boyfriend WANTED to live in LA. Having an "in" at Useless Blvd goes a long way.

Now Jim, if you were not "stuck" in STL and junior, you wouldn't able to have Thanksgiving with my family.

As for hardship transfers, there is no language, and the process is very subjective. One of the reasons that helped me make the decision to retire. (besides the fact that I'm old and cranky)

Now Jim, if you were not "stuck" in STL and junior, you wouldn't able to have Thanksgiving with my family.

Now, N. You know I don't mind being in STL. Lord knows the base management is a cut above. However, I thought I made it clear last month that no one, repeat, NO ONE, junior to me is allowed to leave. Some are apparently not following instructions. :lol:

As for hardship transfers, there is no language, and the process is very subjective. One of the reasons that helped me make the decision to retire. (besides the fact that I'm old and cranky)

Hardship Transfers are a joke..I Know a F/A who Actually had a Heart attack while working a flight. She put in for a hardship to LAX from LGA and was told by the company and the "so called" union to find a cardiologist in NY instead of the one she is now seeing in LA..Oh, and BTW...Her husband is layed off from another job. She is the sole support for her family..while another F/A at LGA got a hardship to DFW because her and her husband adopted a child..

What Unity?

Jim,

Some of the people in DFW junior to you might have transfered there via a mutual lateral from another base other than STL. Same with the 4 junior to you in STL. Did the base total headcount also go down by the corresponding number? Just curious.

Jim,

Some of the people in DFW junior to you might have transfered there via a mutual lateral from another base other than STL. Same with the 4 junior to you in STL. Did the base total headcount also go down by the corresponding number? Just curious.

All domestic mutual transfers to DFW this year from any base were senior to me. I just checked. :lol: The closest was in January when someone got a domestic mutual that was only (at the time) 91 numbers senior to me. Since then the closest "junior" transfer was in the 16100 range. I am currently at 17910.

Our base headcount has been increasing all year. We have had regular transfers to SLT on more than one occasion this year--everyone transferring into SLT has been senior to me.

As of the last time they pulled a list for the website (19OCT), there are 55 people on the transfer list to SLT--none from DFW. 8 of those are currently in an International base; so they are really not eligible to transfer to SLT until they fall back to domestic. And, 41 of the remaining 47 are currently in LGA. Of the 41 who are currently in LGA, only 3 have SLT as their first choice. The rest just want out of LGA. :lol:

Hardship Transfers are a joke..I Know a F/A who Actually had a Heart attack while working a flight. She put in for a hardship to LAX from LGA and was told by the company and the "so called" union to find a cardiologist in NY instead of the one she is now seeing in LA..Oh, and BTW...Her husband is layed off from another job. She is the sole support for her family..while another F/A at LGA got a hardship to DFW because her and her husband adopted a child..

What Unity?

The Union takes care of it's own. Shortly after the force transfers to Saint Louis, then VP Bott arranged a double mutual lateral for Lori Bassani to posture her for a potential position as a DR. Here we have people being forced to a base against their will and he is doing some behind the scenes work to help a friend.

Back