Shares Computer System? Or Sabre?

True, but Star Alliance doesn't have a monopoly lock on Amadeus. It's an independent system. And, I believe, SWA is going to transition to Amadeus simply because it's the most modern and versatile out there right now.

Modern indeed and most definitely not tied to Star. Couple of other things. The current US CIO came from American so that would seem to be a point on the SABRE side of things.

What makes Amadeus so attractive is it's a "Clean sheet" design instead of decades of software upgrades and patches which as we see with SHARES doesn't always make for improvement.

Modern indeed and most definitely not tied to Star. Couple of other things. The current US CIO came from American so that would seem to be a point on the SABRE side of things.

What makes Amadeus so attractive is it's a "Clean sheet" design instead of decades of software upgrades and patches which as we see with SHARES doesn't always make for improvement.

AA will not be staying in Star.
AA will absolutely not be going with Amadeus.

AA already looked at Amadeus and then decided it was better to build it's own system with HP. The HP project closed under bankruptcy and AA has decided to sign up with the upgraded Sabre system.

As to Amadeus it is indeed a modern system and if AA/US decides to do something different alliance wise (staying in Star) Amadeus is Star's preferred platform.

That's a complete nonstarter. There's a greater chance that new AA's planes will be pedal-powered by the passengers than AA joining Star Alliance.

That's a complete nonstarter. There's a greater chance that new AA's planes will be pedal-powered by the passengers than AA joining Star Alliance.

I agree about Star Alliance. No way would both UAL and AAL would both be in Star Alliance. As for Amadeus, US was looking at it to replace QuickShares, and rumor is that AAL is not very enamored of Sabre anymore. Hmmmm....

I agree about Star Alliance. No way would both UAL and AAL would both be in Star Alliance. As for Amadeus, US was looking at it to replace QuickShares, and rumor is that AAL is not very enamored of Sabre anymore. Hmmmm....

Except that AA already went down the path of trying to leave Sabre...and just recently decided to stay with it.

I really don't think Parker cares if AA has been wit SABRE forever. He'll lead the company in whatever direction appears to be best for the company. He doesn't care if that means stepping on toes, ruining lives, or solving world peace. If it makes the company stronger he'll do it.

AA sued SABRE over their alleged anticompetitive behaviour; in the fourth quarter of last year, AA and SABRE settled their differences with SABRE agreeing to pay AA a total of $280 million over several years, mostly in the form of credits against future billings, as disclosed in the 10-K. AA booked a $280 million gain in the fourth quarter as a result.