Should/could the likelihood/threat of 1 or 2 rez offices closing, affect/sway the CWA vote?

RealityCheck

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
SHould the fact that hundreds of agents are daily living in fear for their office or offices remaining open or closing be a factor in how an individual votes? For example,if I knew my office/ or even airport location was likely a target for shutdown, shd I vote YES for the benefit of rest of the crowd or NO because I am outta here when they axe an office/ato?

I have not seen any details of the contract, but I assume there is some protection and recall rights included in the contract...This should provide better protection than a court imposed contract...

just my opinion

RumorS,

I agree wholeheartedly. We just can't continue all the negativity that has plagued this board all summer. After 3 months of negotiations this IS the best we could do. If everybody goes out there and with a clear conscience gives their best work everyday we will survive and thrive. Every station in the northeast, except for the big 7, is probably under consideration for MDA. Res agents are not the only group living on the edge.

Let us not claim victim status until we are truly a victim.

would be interesting to hear how current furloughees, if given this renegotiation chance a year ago and then to vote, and seeing where they are now ..would have let similar circumstances we see today affect their vote.

PLEASE ...Lets not start this again. Whatever happens is going to happen...Don't judge your vote on what may happen in the future with a reservations office!!! Do what best works for you ...YES or NO.... Simple really !!!!!

tailspin,,,,,please name the big 7 station

Reality Check
you wanted to hear from current furloughed employees on what they think IMHO I would vote yes for anything that would still let me survive and would give U what they needed to survive also. The only way I or anyone out on furlough can have a chance of coming back is if all of you active employees give U the chance to survive by voting yes. I hope all of you think about us as you decide our fate along with your own. If you turn this down and U goes under you have also taken our hope away. Best of luck to all who vote and please let us get the chance to come back. Hope this answers your question.

CWA Folks, PLEASSEEEEEEE!
Do not leave our destiny in the hands of the BK Judge. Do you think that he has our best interests in mind? NO WAY......Look at the mechanics, they are a worried group right now! The Judge is going to decide their fate - not a good position to be in. Be reasonable, for now what get out of the TA will be the best option.
6.gif']

Big Seven are: PIT, PHL, BOS, DCA, LGA, PVD and CLT, RDU.

OK that makes 8.

AA just recently announced BUF, ROC, SYR, ALB to be all AA/Eagle by Feb. 1, 2003. These local communities are doing nothing to try and keep large mainline airlines. They think jetBlue, AirTran and Southwest can fill the void.

The crystal ball is geting harder and harder to focus.