Siegel Accepts Award

Apr 29, 2003
President and CEO Dave Siegel today accepted the Airline Financial Management of the Year award on behalf of US Airways at the World Transport Summit and 59th annual International Air Transport Association (IATA) luncheon meeting in Washington. The awards are presented to recognize excellence in boardroom leadership and strategy. The judging criteria for this award includes provisions for success in seeing through a major financial transaction, new strategy or cost initiative.

After accepting the award, Siegel said US Airways went into a seven-and-one-half month reorganization that was aggressive, yet doable. He offered special thanks to employees whose enormous support during these difficult times enabled us to emerge from Chapter 11 on a fast track. Areas of competition in the category ranged from financial restructuring programs and new market launches to acquisitions through key transactions, and leasing and debt financing. G.E. Capital Aviation Services was US Airways’ sponsor for the event. There were about 150 in attendance at the ceremony, including other airline CEOs and industry analysts. A judging panel included industry executives and airline consultants, and awards were presented in seven separate categories. IATA represents over 270 members from 143 entries.

Dave takes a good airline losing money and turns it into a bad airline losing money and he gets a award.

"A judging panel included industry executives and airline consultants, and awards were presented in seven separate categories. IATA represents over 270 members from 143 entries."

Dave got the union busters award, big deal.

----------------
On 6/2/2003 7:56:56 PM Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

The awards are presented to recognize excellence in boardroom leadership and strategy. The judging criteria for this award includes provisions for success in seeing through a major financial transaction, new strategy or cost initiative.

After accepting the award, Siegel said US Airways went into a seven-and-one-half month reorganization that was "aggressive, yet doable." He offered special thanks to employees "whose enormous support during these difficult times enabled us to emerge from Chapter 11 on a fast track.&quot
------------

It doesn''t take much to slaughter half of your employees and then rob from the poor and give to the rich now does it.

I think the employees should make up their own award and I think you can think of many. I know I can. I would post a few, but we all know Todd (the moderator) would only send me a nasty e-mail and take them off.

----------------
On 6/4/2003 9:12:27 AM a320av8r wrote:

"A judging panel included industry executives and airline consultants, and awards were presented in seven separate categories. IATA represents over 270 members from 143 entries."

Dave got the union busters award, big deal.

----------------​

My sentiments, exactly. Cost savings through threats and intimidation, guns pointed in "ready loaded positions"...

United and American did the same thing as U. So will all of them. Siegel got the award cause he experimented first and succeeded with his "union busters".

NOW, SEE IF HE CAN WIN A DAMN AWARD FOR RUNNING AN AIRLINE AND INCREASING REVENUES! That's when I will applaud. Until then... he remains on MY list as the "worst of the worst".

----------------
On 6/4/2003 4:26:48 PM PITbull wrote:

My sentiments, exactly. Cost savings through threats and intimidation, guns pointed in "ready loaded positions"...

United and American did the same thing as U. So will all of them. Siegel got the award cause he experimented first and succeeded with his "union busters".

NOW, SEE IF HE CAN WIN A DAMN AWARD FOR RUNNING AN AIRLINE AND INCREASING REVENUES! That's when I will applaud. Until then... he remains on MY list as the "worst of the worst".

---------
PitBull,
I have to agree with you 100%. We gave this *** all he is going to get. Now he needs to earn his respect and wage. Although, they keep claiming that traffic is down, everyone else is claiming it it rising. This pizz poor managment MUST be doing something wrong then. They cannot expect labor to keep compensating for their shortfalls.​

----------------
On 6/4/2003 11:14:33 PM Twicebaked wrote:

----------------
On 6/4/2003 4:26:48 PM PITbull wrote:

---------
PitBull,
I have to agree with you 100%. We gave this *** all he is going to get. Now he needs to earn his respect and wage. Although, they keep claiming that traffic is down, everyone else is claiming it it rising. This pizz poor managment MUST be doing something wrong then. They cannot expect labor to keep compensating for their shortfalls.

----------------​

Yes, they will​

Back