SJC-LAX/SAN go Eagle; MIA-STI/BZE/BDL go double daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Just some sched changes:
All service on San Jose-Los Angeles (LAX) goes to American Eagle on 15Dec02 with seven daily services.
All service on San Jose-San Diego (SAN) goes to American Eagle on 15Dec02 with four daily services.
Three MIA routes are going double daily on 15Dec 02. Hartford, Santiago (DR), and Belize City (5x a week).

[P]Earth to Reno Air.[/P]
[P]Earth to AirCal.[/P]
[P] [/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/16/2002 12:03:39 AM MAH4546 wrote:

Just some sched changes:
All service on San Jose-Los Angeles (LAX) goes to American Eagle on 15Dec02 with seven daily services.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I'm counting 8 SJC-LAX flights on weekdays. 6 on Saturdays. 7 on Sundays.

Yeah, it is 8x daily SJC-LAX. This is kind of helpful since it adds a frequency. OTOH, SJC-SAN losing a frequency doesn't help those customers.

Anyway, this is still better than losing those services altogether. But one has to hope / wonder, what will happen if AA doesn't start to get some traction on the West Coast. I hope that the ultimate collapse will not happen... that would drive me away to UA.

LAX-SNA They are up to 2 non-stops.(Just a thought is it quicker to fly it or drive it?

So if I understand this correctly, AA dropped LAX-ABQ(rj), SJC-PHX(rj), and coverted SJC-LAX/SAN from mainline to RJ service. Is AA pulling back due to losses or due to scope agreements with the pilots?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/16/2002 4:38:22 PM jj wrote:

LAX-SNA They are up to 2 non-stops.(Just a thought is it quicker to fly it or drive it?
----------------
[/blockquote]

You're right. I just didn't mention that since LAX-SNA is already only RJ service. But an additional flight is good news for SNA. Given I-405 traffic sometimes it is quicker for the flight than driving.

FAT-LAX is slowly being upgraded from Saabs to RJs. 1 flight was converted a couple of months ago. December marks the second flight upgraded.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/16/2002 5:28:02 PM coolflyingfool wrote:

So if I understand this correctly, AA dropped LAX-ABQ(rj), SJC-PHX(rj), and coverted SJC-LAX/SAN from mainline to RJ service. Is AA pulling back due to losses or due to scope agreements with the pilots?
----------------
[/blockquote]

I would guess the slowed Silicon Valley economy entered into the SJC moves. As of July, year to date O&D for all airlines at SJC is down 21.5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts