Slim Down And Save An Airline?

us0004us

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/today/sky.htm

"Here's another reason for Americans to slim down: Weight gain in the 1990s, estimated at approximately 10 pounds per person, cost airlines an additional 350 million gallons of fuel to fly heavier passengers in the year 2000. That's equal to about 2% of the total volume of fuel used that year, according to a study in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine (subscription required). Two doctors at the Centers for Disease Control and a California public health officer estimate the added weight cost airlines about $275 million in 2000, when jet fuel cost 79 cents per gallon — less than half what it costs today"

does this justify a per pound rate for psgrs? go fares lite?

one needs to consider to lose weight fast and save an airline!

No kidding! People say it's so hard to lose weight, yet I see fat people eating at McDonald's and the like, I see people standing on an escalator instead of walking up the stairs, and I see people waiting for a cart in an airport instead of walking.

Eating less food is difficult (from personal experience). Getting exercise, on the other hand, is not that hard. Lots of exercise can be found in daily life as noted in the above paragraph. All it requires is some effort, effort that is seriously lacking in today's laziness infested society.

Latest posts

Back