Smartphone privacy Android

xUT

Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
SanFranFreako, KommieFornia
OK, I have an android smart phone.
Every stinking application I was thinking of downloading requires gleaning all the information on the phone.
SMS/MMS messages, telephone numbers, contacts, contents of your storage (SD/phone), time/date, calendar, GPS location and history, etc...

Are there 'any' applications I can purchase without having a bore-scope up my ass?

Is the iPhone more secure?

All comments appreciated.

Thanks,
B) xUT

Hey NSA, can you answer xUT for us please?

Not worried about the NSA, just all the other a$$holes that consistently hack everyone.
Spam 'my private' contacts (that are none of their business).

Why would they want to glean my SD card?

The whole thing just pisses me off.
At least in the 'olden days' your land phone number could be unlisted if you chose so.
Now you have no choice.
Do Not Call service is worthless.

Has the right to privacy devolved to the extent that 'everyone' has to know the size of my wiener ( :p) ?

B) xUT

Well xUT....android is made by google, who is evil. So no, there's no app you can download that won't want your life history to sell to somebody else.
Yep, absolutely!
Do you know if the iPhone is better or worse.
From what I have read, they all do similar data mining.
B) xUT

Yep, absolutely!
Do you know if the iPhone is better or worse.
From what I have read, they all do similar data mining.
B) xUT

True, they all do. But Apples primary business is building electronics. Googles primary business is advertising. When I think of google, I can't help but think of the movie "Soylent Green".

True, they all do. But Apples primary business is building electronics. Googles primary business is advertising. When I think of google, I can't help but think of the movie "Soylent Green".
The NSA does not come close to collecting as much data as Google does on us all every day.

Wait until everyone has "Goggles" and they can track your eye movements on the page.