Something else for Travis Christ

Harry Callahan

Veteran
Sep 16, 2002
Your rearview mirror
Visit site
I have something else for Travis Christ or whomever is responsible for the flt. schedule on Sa & SU night.
It is INPOSSIBLE to connect to the same bank flights off the islands. For instance a flt from CUN skd arr approx 1816 to connect to 1920 bank. You have way to many island flts skd & we miss a large number of bags due to this. The last 2 nights have been a cluster (you know what) to say the least. As good a job as we do more bags were missed than you want to think about.
It may look good on paper but DOES NOT WORK. Some one wake up!

This week end bank crap has been going on for years. Doubt it will change in the near future. Would save too much on baggage delivery charges.... <_<

One way to get their attention would be for the lead to check with TSA about 10 mins before flight and refuse to push until they get "ALL" their bags from the conx. See how long it takes to get them, then figure out either they need to get TSA more screeners if thats where the problem is, or add time to the conx if the TSA is adequately staffed, but just cant handle the volume. A good delay "waiting for conx bags" would make a point. But, since its the last bank of the night, I'm sure everyone just wants to go home and wouldnt want to wait past off time to prove a point every weekend.

I think Andrew Nocella (VP Scheduling & Planning) would be the person to correct all this. I've heard of this being a problem for a long time starting back when I was in PHL.

A good delay "waiting for conx bags" would make a point. But, since its the last bank of the night, I'm sure everyone just wants to go home and wouldnt want to wait past off time to prove a point every weekend.

It would not neccesarily be a good delay. Just some of the factors that would need to be considered are whether the aircraft is supposed to get a scheduled inspection or service that night at the destination, whether the flying crew will be on min rest for flying the following day and whether the aircraft is due for a serious cleaning while it is RON. There are likely more potential reasons that a seemingly simple no-brainer is not a no-brainer after all.

It would not neccesarily be a good delay.

No, just keep brushing the problem off week after week month after month (as long as its not (YOUR) department that is affected.) Seems this is the way to go. If the ramp guys in CLT, the baggage agents in CLT (who have to reroute the misconx bags), and the agents taking claims in the downline city have to deal with these problems every weekend, what would one or two weekends of other departments feeling the pain mean? Maybe someone else would get fed up with the same stuff happening every weekend and finally find someone it affects to actually get it corrected. What would taking care of two nights of misconx actually do to those all important baggage numbers that they harp on? If someone has identified a MAJOR problem that affects more than one person (and it sounds like its quite a few) why wont someone address the issue? I get tired of hearing about how certain things are so important numbers wise and then it appearantly (Someone correct me if its being addressed) doesnt mean squat since someone is telling people something needs to be fixed (for several months now) and yet what has been done to correct it?

Latest posts