Something To Do On Furlough

onceoza

Aug 20, 2002
There is a need for flight attendants to fly a humanitarian 10 day trip on a 747SP from LAX to Tel Aviv and Syria. It is for a non profit called Global peace. I tried to recruit some mechanics, with no success. Now, I'm asking for some flight attendants. You must have wide body experience and done a wet ditching. Please visit the link for information on this very worthwhile organization.

You will be needed from June 16th for 10 days plus 1 day of training. It is volunteer, but expenses are paid. If you are in the LAX area and are interested, please email me at [email protected] with your phone number, and I will pass your number on to those organizing this. Do NOT contact Global Peace. Just email me and it will be forwarded to the proper people. The only restriction is that you can't be Arab or Jewish (I'd do it in a red hot second, but being Jewish disqualifies me).

onceoza said:
Global Peace Initiative
Immediate desperate need for flight attendants to fly a humanitarian 10 day trip on a 747SP from LAX to Tel Aviv and Syria. It is for a group called GLOBAL PEACE INITIATIVE. I tried to recruit some mechanics, with no success. Now, I'm asking for some flight attendants. You must have been 747 International qualified. Please visit the link for information on this very worthwhile organization.

You will be needed from June 16th for 10 days plus 1 day of training. It is volunteer, but expenses are paid. If you are in the LAX area and are interested, please email me at [email protected] with your phone number, and I will pass your number on to those organizing this. The only restriction is that you can't be Arab or Jewish (I'd do it in a red hot second, but being Jewish disqualifies me).
[post="274684"][/post]​

I saw the tail sticking out of the Delta hangar the other day. Sounds like a great organization. I would suggest you post this on NW and UA's section of this message board since they currently fly the 747 and might have a larger pool of volunteers interested. I'd do it in a heartbeat, but have never been 747 qualified.

ALL of the former TWA f/as were 747 and Intn. qualified. We'll try and get this to our f/a bb.

quote=s80dude,Jun 1 2005, 05:11 PM]
I saw the tail sticking out of the Delta hangar the other day. Sounds like a great organization. I would suggest you post this on NW and UA's section of this message board since they currently fly the 747 and might have a larger pool of volunteers interested. I'd do it in a heartbeat, but have never been 747 qualified.
[post="274689"][/post]​
[/quote]

s80dude said:
[post="274689"][/post]​

Great news! I was under the impression that you had to have 747 experience. I was mistaken. You just need wide body experience and have done a wet ditching.

onceoza said:
Great news! I was under the impression that you had to have 747 experience. I was mistaken. You just need wide body experience and have done a wet ditching.
[post="274755"][/post]​
Actually having done a wet ditching or just having been trained at how to do it?

Fly said:
If you've experienced a real wet ditching, you are dead! :p
[post="274947"][/post]​

I was a flight attendant for over 30 years and I know absolutely no one that has ever been involved in a real ditching. I was trained in a swimming pool and passed the exam. That is all that is required.

Back