Southwest Airlines and ATA Airlines to Take Codeshare Agreement to New Heights

Paul

Veteran
Nov 15, 2005
Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) today announced it will begin selling "ATA-only service" to select destinations, and members of Southwest's frequent flyer Rapid Rewards program will be able to earn credit in Southwest's program for the ATA flights. To book the ATA service on http://www.southwest.com , go to http://www.southwest.com/jp/luvhome.shtml?...PR_ATARR_030106 or call Southwest Airlines reservations at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA. The first date of travel is March 4, 2006.

"This was the next step to enhancing the codeshare with ATA to make it stronger," said Gary Kelly, Southwest's CEO. "We think our Customers will appreciate the ability to book ATA flights through Southwest and earn Rapid Reward credits in Southwest's program for doing that."

Southwest Airlines will sell ATA-only service between the following cities: Washington National and Chicago Midway, Dallas/Fort Worth International and Chicago Midway, Honolulu and Las Vegas, Honolulu and Los Angeles, Honolulu and Oakland, Honolulu and Ontario (Calif.), Honolulu and Phoenix, Houston Hobby and La Guardia, Chicago Midway and La Guardia, Hilo and Oakland, Los Angeles and Maui, Oakland and Maui, and Phoenix and Maui.

PR Newswire

If you look at ATAs route map, they are now just basically a feeder to/from Southwest....Southwest Express/Airlink/Connection!

If you look at ATAs route map, they are now just basically a feeder to/from Southwest....Southwest Express/Airlink/Connection!
ATA owns some very lucrative slots at DCA and LGA and has vast experience in Hawaii operations. It appears to me that they are maximizing the cash generation of these factors through a partnership with SWA while continuing their emphasis on military and leisure charter.

Wow! An airline emerging from bankruptcy with a plan that might actually be a money-maker? Brillliant!!!

Best of luck to my ATA friends!

"This was the next step to enhancing the codeshare with ATA to make it stronger," said Gary Kelly, Southwest's CEO. "We think our Customers will appreciate the ability to book ATA flights through Southwest and earn Rapid Reward credits in Southwest's program for doing that."

But still not the one thing that I, and i'm sure many other Rapid Rewards members, would REALLY like to see: The ability to use Rapid Rewards (almost) free tickets on ATA flights.
And, by "ATA flights", of course, I mean Hawai'i!

But still not the one thing that I, and i'm sure many other Rapid Rewards members, would REALLY like to see: The ability to use Rapid Rewards (almost) free tickets on ATA flights.
And, by "ATA flights", of course, I mean Hawai'i!

:up: ALOHA! :up:

Here you go! From the SWA Rapid Rewards website:

Coming third quarter, 2006, your Awards will go even farther!

* Redeem your Rapid Rewards Awards to select ATA destinations, including Hawaii!

Please note: Hawaii is a popular destination for ATA and seats for Customers traveling on an Award will be very limited. While ATA will make as many Award seats available as they can reasonably accommodate, demand from Rapid Rewards Members will likely exceed that supply. Members who plan ahead and are flexible with their travel dates will have the best chance to secure reservations.

* With this addition to the program, we will be introducing a new redemption level. You can fly anywhere in the continental US for one (1) Award and for two (2) Awards, you can fly to Hawaii.

:up: ALOHA! :up:

Here you go! From the SWA Rapid Rewards website:

Coming third quarter, 2006, your Awards will go even farther!

* Redeem your Rapid Rewards Awards to select ATA destinations, including Hawaii!
* With this addition to the program, we will be introducing a new redemption level. You can fly anywhere in the continental US for one (1) Award and for two (2) Awards, you can fly to Hawaii.

Excellent! I figured that if this ever came about the 'cost' would be two Rewards tickets rather than one.