Southwest Airlines Motivates Its Employees With A Purpose Bigger Than A Paycheck

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
If you’re one of the 100 million passengers who fly Southwest Airlines every year, you might have noticed their award-winning service—happy, friendly employees who go the extra mile to satisfy their passengers. In fact, for many people, service is the principle reason they remain loyal Southwest customers. In recent discussions with Southwest executives, pilots, and employees, I’ve learned that what Southwest passengers don’t see is largely responsible for what they do see during their trip.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/carminegallo/2014/01/21/southwest-airlines-motivates-its-employees-with-a-purpose-bigger-than-a-paycheck/

Reactions: 1 person
Task significance is an interesting concept. I would be interested to hear from the WN employees on this board if that's what truly motivates them, or is it something else?

My niece was a FA with FL, she cringed at the thought of the SW merger. Now after transitioning to the SW side her attitude has changed, her outlook on SW has changed. She abosultley loves flying with SW, I think it has more to do with the way she has been treated by the company than the money..

Latest posts