Southwest CEO says 3-way alliance to hurt customers

The only thing that the alliance will hurt is Southwest. Thats what Jim's afraid of.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/26/2002 11:17:49 PM BZuschman wrote:
[P]The only thing that the alliance will hurt is Southwest. Thats what Jim's afraid of. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Ah...another one of BZ's buzz bombs. Let's see - the alliance is an attempt to prop up airfares among the big carriers. People aren't paying for the propped up airfares already, but this wonderous tonic will make the public say Gee, I can call Delta, tell them I want to go to Tampa from KC, but I HATE the Atlanta hub, so please book me on Northwest. Of course, if Joe Leisure, savior of the airline industry is calling 30 days in advance, Delta will GLADLY sell the loss leader fare on Northwest so that they eat the losses, but if it's Bob Business who needs to see a client tomorrow, will they suddenly find that the NWA and CO flights are unavailable but they can still get you to Tampa and avoid the ATL hub by simply flying NORTH to CVG, then changing to a comfy RJ into Tampa. [BR][BR]It's funny, but SWA is kind of like Breir Rabbit Oh please Mr Fox, don't throw me into no briar patch, when that's EXACTLY what they want. Let the big guys link up and maintain the raape and pilliage fare structure and folks will find it worthwhile to drive to BHM or LIT to catch a LUV flight.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 11:17:49 PM BZuschman wrote:

The only thing that the alliance will hurt is Southwest. Thats what Jim's afraid of.
----------------
[/blockquote]

BZ, How will this hurt Southwest? And did Jim tell you this was his fear? Spill the beans Nostradamus...