Southwest is hiring mechanics

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Hey guys SWA has posting up for mechanics. Go to southwest.com to apply. Act quickly and good luck to all of you...

Just a note, Delta also has a metric crap ton of AMT spots open on the line all across the system. 

Good to hear Dawg.  I know there is still a good pool of mechanics from both AA and Delta in the North Texas area that still want to stay in the area.  Look for more postings from SWA in the very near future.  When that W/A goes away SWA will be hiring for it again this year, anywhere from 5-?  They are leaving the top number blank as this number will reflect the amount of increase in our overnighters at LF.  Could be as little as 5 and maybe as much as 25 or 30.  That's my guess nothing from the company, but most all of us know SWA only hires the minimum required and never over hires.  Good luck, check daily, and apply quickly.  The last one only stayed up for 2 days...

It appears to be a given that there will be alot of mechanics being hired.

Like pilots, the chances are high that salaries will be pushed up if the shortage of mechanics is as large as some on here say they will be - and I don't doubt that they are right.

WorldTraveler said:
It appears to be a given that there will be alot of mechanics being hired.

Like pilots, the chances are high that salaries will be pushed up if the shortage of mechanics is as large as some on here say they will be - and I don't doubt that they are right.
like pilots, it is a complete pipe dream for it to bother the big boys for a while. I know some of the resident dumba$$es on the AA side think the pool is dry but it hasn't even really started to hurt the big MROs in the US much less the RJ operators like ASA and such. 
honestly I think i will be 6ft under for a while before Delta/American/United/Southwest are hard pressed to find AMTs. 

Back