Southwest Mulls Growth Plans

skyhigh sez: "............. YOU FLY AROUND TRAILER TRASH. Ridiculous?....TURN ON A&E on Monday night. WATCH!!! "

WNjetdoc sez: SWA shows both the good and bad of flying through that show. To me it shows that SWA isn't trying to hide anything. I've worked for Usair and know people who've worked at other airlines....ALL of you guys have your fair share of what YOU call, "trashy" passengers.

We may or may not have more what YOU call "trashy" passengers, I don't know. But since we've flown more passengers domestically than any airline in the USA for the first 7 months of 2004 then it would make sense that we fly more of what YOU call "trashy" passengers than any other airline.

FYI, the above passenger numbers were domestic boardings only, if you include international passengers we are #3 in the USA in terms of passengers boarded. Combined international/domestic we are very close to the top two airlines however, which is remarkable when you consider we fly domestically only....thats one hell of a lot of what YOU call "trashy" passengers, LOL.

BTW, we more than doubled the amount of passengers that Usair boarded, no matter how you calculate it.

WNjetdoc said:
Ha, ha, ha bubbleboy, "They promise you a rose garden", you're too funny. BTW, I have that poster in my garage. And yes my real name is Bob Cobb but please call me Maestro only, ok? You're a very bad man, very bad!! (index finger going back and forth).

Well then, Maestro, I am looking to go on vacation soon do you know if there is anything avalible in Tuscany?

Hey, does "she" know you're kicking back in your chair using the computer, watching TV and playing video games all the while having Howard Stern on the stereo? You are indeed a very bad man!

Only if someone tells her.

What was this thread about? Oh yea, some trashy trash talking ******* calling the people of Philly trashy, the town trashy and our airline trashy, :down: .
[post="194008"][/post]​

I have an idea how to settle this "trashy person" myth right now. Have an Independant firm stay at the gate and Profile the passenagers for every carrier in question. They count Mullets, Shullets(female Mullets), Halter tops, and chained wallets. Also Tattoos could be an option as long as it's not that barbed wire thing on the arm (every one has one of those).

Whoever has the most passengers wins.

There is one exemption though. If the person is from Glen Burnie MD they are counted out because if you live here its manditory that you have one of the above.

I haven't had occassion to ride WN for over 20 years, but if it comes down to a choice between:

Flying around all those supposedly "trashy" passengers and working for a growing, profitable company with a future, making decent money, and having good benefits,

or

flying around supposedly "upscale" passengers at U with no profits in sight, shrinkage/furloughs, pay cuts, and disappearing benefits,

I think I know the answer.....

Good luck to all u at WN. Not that you'll need it since you've got something better - good management.

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
I haven't had occassion to ride WN for over 20 years, but if it comes down to a choice between:

Flying around all those supposedly "trashy" passengers and working for a growing, profitable company with a future, making decent money, and having good benefits,

or

flying around supposedly "upscale" passengers at U with no profits in sight, shrinkage/furloughs, pay cuts, and disappearing benefits,

I think I know the answer.....

Good luck to all u at WN. Not that you'll need it since you've got something better - good management.

Jim
[post="194126"][/post]​

Thanks for an intelligent post BoeingBoy. I really wish you guys at Usair the best of luck. I have a uncle who is a AMT in Norfolk with 25+ years and many friends there.

Trashy passengers? Certainly SWA has a few ...such as Burbank to Las Vegas on Friday nights, but then again, some of those pert little full time school teachers and secretaries going to LAS to make a little extra cash are fun to look at and even enjoyable to chat with. :D Otherwise, whoever said 'trashy passengers" should hang around Dallas Love and watch all the 3 -piece suits getting on the hourly shuttles to Houston Hobby, or maybe hang at MDW and watch all the briefcases boarding the Kansas City flights, or watch all the hign tech people boarding in San Jose for business meetings in LAX and elsehwere. Maybe hang out in LAX and watch the Hollywood producers and actors quietly secreting to their Santa Fe hideaways via flights to Albuquerque. In any case, all their money is green and works the same.