SOUTHWEST TO BUY AIR TRAN

The merger website says that the 717s will be retained - so WN will no longer be a single-fleet type airline. WN just bought 86 100-seaters.

Thanks for the info, I would hate to see those beautiful 17's going to Marana.

I Love Southwest although no one is perfect in the days of CORPORATE GUTTING I smile at there growth. They truly are the 737 wonders

I am both shocked and awed! I am a self-proclaimed WNFAN, and with good reason. While others spread their merger rumors to death, LUV keeps quiet about it. The bite is much worse than the bark, and I LUV IT! B)

Congratulations on this brilliant move on the part of Southwest, you are truly an industry leader that ironically came from out of nowhere. I'll admit that I am not a big fan of Air-Tran, but Southwest gives Air-Trash some class!

I heard B6 went to Atlanta and was sent back home with their hands on their Blue Moon! Delta won. Now they must face the master that gives little warning.

The story I read in USA TODAY said that WN would also pick up ATH servings in Charlotte and Memphis. CHARLOTTE! Delta may be worried, but I bet an airline that shall remain namelUS is crying!

Not to mention that now SWA has international flights.

Way to go LUV, and take no prisoners :wub: :up: :up: :up:

I Never cared for WN's.."CORN-PONE" non professional baloney, and still don't...but I'll be the first to say I highly RESPECT them for their good business sense.
Great move WN.
DL must be "close" to a Heart Attack, while US already "HAD" a stroke !

I'd pay good money to be hanging around the DL executive suite this morning....

WN in ATL was just a bad dream.

WN in ATL with Airtran's size must have them changing their underwear, drinking heavily, or both...

Doubt very seriously if Delta is quaking in their boots. If you've seen one low cost carrier..............Air Tran, you've seen them all................SW.

Besides not everyone wants to buy a ticket to feel like their standing in line for a carnival or to enter a cattle car !

I'd pay good money to be hanging around the DL executive suite this morning....

WN in ATL was just a bad dream.

WN in ATL with Airtran's size must have them changing their underwear, drinking heavily, or both...

You ain't kiddin'........ :D

Doubt very seriously if Delta is quaking in their boots. If you've seen one low cost carrier..............Air Tran, you've seen them all................SW.

Besides not everyone wants to buy a ticket to feel like their standing in line for a carnival or to enter a cattle car !

I can promise you, this is the LAST thing DL needs/wants to see!
And apparently A LOT of people like WN as they fly more pax than airlines much larger than them.

Once the skinny weakling on the block(yrs ago), is now the BODY BUILDER and bad ass of the block!
WN is THE most feared carrier in the US by legacys. Period.
They just got a massive shot of steriods.

I am both shocked and awed! I am a self-proclaimed WNFAN, and with good reason. While others spread their merger rumors to death, LUV keeps quiet about it. The bite is much worse than the bark, and I LUV IT! B)

Congratulations on this brilliant move on the part of Southwest, you are truly an industry leader that ironically came from out of nowhere.

As Herb once said..."with the stealth of a cat". :)

A few flight to Cancun and the Caribbean hardly make "VALUEWEST" an international carrier.
No one said anything about being an international carrier. They said the combined carrier would have international flights (which we do, and post-merger, will). If you have nothing better to do than to make something up so that you can then have something to argue about, might I suggest a hobby or some volunteer work?

I can promise you, this is the LAST thing DL needs/wants to see!
And apparently A LOT of people like WN as they fly more pax than airlines much larger than them.

Once the skinny weakling on the block(yrs ago), is now the BODY BUILDER and bad ass of the block!
WN is THE most feared carrier in the US by legacys. Period.
They just got a massive shot of steriods.

Just match price on the same routes SW flys..................problem solved, except of course if you want to fly international of course or if you want to fly first class of course or if you want a little leg room of course, or if...........................

You know I seen Delta layoff everyone in BWI and hire contractors.

There is the rub. I see what kind of service they get there. I know this because we (southwest) used delta's cargo to ship and AOG part. I stood there while the contractor treated person after person as indifferent as possible. WTF does he care Delta doesn't pay him. Do you have any idea how much consistent service goes.

DELETED BY MODERATOR

Latest posts

Back